hell more like heaven

"Jesus, Rosie. I told you we shouldn't have came," She muttered quietly, secretly rolling her eyes as she tries her hardest not to show her attitude. She fails anyway.

With that attitude of hers, why would she have an attitude in the first place? It's not like the wrench of sweaty bodies and broken bottles of alcohol scattered the place that doesn't really seem like a club.

Jennie loves the club. Believe her, but not when there are men and women staring at her wife like she's a piece of meat.

She's trying her very best to not lash out at those who are staring at Rosé, but what makes it harder is when she's wearing such a tight dress that looks like it's about to snap. The grip of her hand on hers strengthens when they step further in the club.

And she swears, her nostrils are about to fall off by that disturbing smell in the distance, she can't tell if it's sweat or blood. She gags.

Rosé doesn't seem to mind though. Her mind filled with thoughts on having fun tonight, even if it means having to squeeze between strangers and their weird dance moves. Nothing is going to stop them from having a good time tonight.

"Come on! It's your first night after quitting your job. We should celebrate!" Rosé insisted as she turned around to face the other who's mentally groaning already. "Let's just have fun."

"Rosie, I appreciate what you're trying to do but I'm not sure if tonight is the right night to celebrate. I mean look around us, I swear I walked past like three unconscious bodies."

This time, Rosé rolls her eyes at this.

"I would rather just hang out with Lisa and Jisoo. Or maybe just the two of us to, you know."

She receives a hit on her arm.

"Pleaseeeeee," She practically begs this time. "Let's just stay for another hour and we'll see, how about that?"

She doesn't give Jennie the chance to respond as she's already pulling her towards the bar at the club where it's much more peaceful, surprisingly. She orders them both a cocktail as she tries to cheer up Jennie and attempt her to actually having a fun night.

Jennie tries to have fun. Spending time with her wife, talking and holding each other's hand as they did was all she needed. Maybe the club and the obnoxious music in the background was not quite ideal to her, but she managed.

The cocktail or the drinks itself was as always good as they did when they came to the club. It really had been a while since she last felt this free, maybe she should just enjoy it while it lasts.

And it ended pretty quick, alright. Jennie sensed a pair of eyes on either her or Rosé.

She didn't care if someone was looking at her, she wouldn't care if the president of the United States of America was looking at her. She only cared if it was Rosé.

But she couldn't tell if it was on her or the other, either way, she didn't like it.

The uncomfortable feeling grew as she heard a few steps behind her growing closer and closer. What made her confused was the look on Rosé's face staring at the one next to her seemed... pleasant?

She turned around to see the last person she wanted to see on planet earth.

Fuck, it's her again.

Rosé's ex.

Jennie rolled her eyes once more as she stares at the scene where Rosé hugs her ex. She feels her hand trembling the cocktail as she bitterly chugs down the rest of it.

She internally mutes the conversation they're having in front of her, instead she views the ex, glaring at her in a way.

She's about to tell her to back off, but wasn't given the chance to as Rosé's ex turns to her to speak, "And before you cut my limbs off, I'm engaged, Jennie." Jeez, it's like she knew what was going on in her head.

It was like she finally felt relieved for what has been years to hear that she doesn't need to feel alarmed by the ex's presence. It's not like it completely went away, it's still there, but it's no longer a competition. She visibly relaxes as she gives a hum of approval with a small smile.

She doesn't even notice that the ex has already left and was now being judged at by her own wife. "What?" She questioned.

"Don't What? me. Do you realized what just happened?" Rosé asked as she fully turns to face Jennie, holding her knees as they faced each other. Jennie shakes her head.

"That I was the better choice? Yeah, I know-"

"No, you're not wrong, but no." She giggles, "How do you feel?"

Jennie takes her time to relish on that question. What is she really feeling? Well for one, they just met one of Jennie's arch nemesis. Can't really call her that anymore since well, she's engaged now. Good for her. But she's felt as if the fear of Rosé being taken away from her is slowly washing away, or it's as if it was never really there. That maybe it was just all in her head and that Rosé was always ever meant to love her and only her.

She answers in a way that she can understand now. "Never been better."

"Really? That's it? That's all you have to say?" Rosé laughs a bit at her answer, she truly, wasn't expecting that answer, but she'll take it.

"Yep. What else is there to say? I have you, isn't that all I need?" She cheekily smiles as she got up, taking  Rosé's hand in hers.

Rosé lets Jennie's hand to drag her to the dance floor of the club. She's sensed that she is finally feeling more eased and energetic that's she's actually wanting to dance right now. Rosé laughs at her actions but nevertheless, she is happy. They are happy, and that's what matters as they danced in a crowd full of people, but all they could see is just them.