i'm sorry kisses

Doors slamming shut could be heard all across the small apartment as Jennie slammed the bedroom door.

It wasn't supposed to be like this, they both thought.

That evening, Jennie thought it would be a great idea to prepare a romantic dinner for the both of them, even preparing one of the blonde's favorite food.

It took her almost the whole evening until she perfected the perfect dish. All she needed was to wait for Rosé.

Thinking that she would be arriving soon, since her work usually doesn't end late.

But as minutes turned into hours, Jennie became worried thinking that Rosé wouldn't make it in time.

She grabbed her phone and called her, yet no response after the first call.

The second call came, but still no response.

She tried texting her multiple times too, but all she got was nothing.

So she waited, her patience running out as time went by.

A few hours later, around midnight, the younger girl popped up at the front door, exhaustion apparent by the look on her face. She looked up seeing a pissed-off tired brunette standing right in front of her. Arms crossed furrowed brows and a frown upon her face.

"I was waiting for you." She began, her foot slowly tapping the ground as if it was her patience slowly losing it. "I called and texted multiple times to be exact."

Sighing and hanging her coat on the hanger; "I'm sorry Jen, I had an unexpected meeting at work today."

"You could of at least answered my calls or texts?!"

"My phone ran out of battery by the time the meeting ended." The younger said, dragging her feet to the couch, and plopping on it as her exhaustion consumes her.

"Could you at least come up with a better excuse than that?" The brunette said furiously.

"What do you expect me to say, Jennie?!"

"I waited for you for hours! I had the idea to surprise you with your favorite dinner since you've been working so much lately! But you couldn't even show up!"

"I told you, I was working!"

"And I told you to stop working!" Jennie paused to rub her temples, getting frustrated. "At least for a week and you didn't listen to me!"

"I worked hard on the dinner I made especially for you! I had to eat it all alone because you couldn't be here with me!"

"I'm too tired for this Jennie." Rosé said with her palm on her forehead, eyes closed.

"Fine! Have fun sleeping on the couch tonight!" The older girl yelled as she walked to the bedroom, slamming the door shut.

"Fine!" The blonde yelled out the same, shutting her eyes closed.

Both Jennie and Rosé knew that this argument was completely stupid and thought they both could be sleeping in the same bed, cuddled up with each other.

But with too much pride, they stayed in separate rooms.

Not until Rosé felt the guilt increase as seconds went by, she knew she was wrong and that she was desperately already missing her wife, even if they were barely away from each other.

She couldn't even let her eyes close at the thought of Jennie being sad because of her.

She couldn't take it.

So with unexpected energy in her, she quickly ran to the bedroom, hoping that the brunette didn't lock the door.

The younger girl slowly opened the door, not knowing that the older girl was awake.

She carefully went to her side of the bed and started kissing her wife.

Slowly and gently, giving kisses on the forehead, nose, and cheeks. Until her lips met with Jennies', desperately wanting the older girl to forgive her.

It wasn't until she heard sniffling that the once-closed eyes opened with slight tears in them.

Panicking and hurt by the sight, she gently cupped the brunette's face, caressing the soft skin. "I'm so sorry my love." She started to apologize, honestly.

"You were right, I should've told you I was coming home late. I should've been here anyway knowing that you were waiting for me at home. I'm so sorry baby." She apologizes honestly, feeling emotional and tears prickling her eyes at seeing Jennie upset.

"I never meant to make you so upset. You worked hard for our dinner and I couldn't even make it in time to eat it with you. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too, for arguing with you. I don't like it when we fight." The older girl sat up, wiping a tear that fell from her favorite brown eyes.

"I don't like it either." She said as they both laugh through their tears.

"And above all that, I hate seeing you sad because of me. I'm truly sorry, love."

Hearing how Rosé was being honest and truthful to her, she immediately brought the blonde into a sweet hug.

"Stop apologizing silly, you were stuck at work, I get it now. But sometimes I feel like we're not spending enough time with each other because of work. That's why I wanted to surprise you with a romantic dinner. Do you understand now?"

Rosé nodded with a pout.

"We are married. We fight and resolve our problems by communicating, I'm not gonna let stupid fights come between us. Do you hear me, Rosie?"

Rosé nodded again.

"Good." Kissing the pout from the younger girl's lips away.

"Oh and I'll take a break from work, I do too have been missing our time together a lot lately." She said, burying her face into the crook of the brunette's neck.

"About time." They both laugh. "And it's about time we head to sleep, don't you agree?"

"Hell yeah." Rosé said with a yawn. She quickly took off her pants and threw them somewhere in the room, too tired to be bothered by them. Both of them laugh at her silliness.

They both quickly gathered each other into a cuddle, with Rosé burying her face into Jennie's neck once more, missing the way her warmth felt against her. Loving the feeling whenever she felt a hand rubbing her back or playing with her blonde hair, slowly putting her to sleep.

"Hey, Jen?"

"Yes, baby?"

"I love you."

She softly chuckled close to her ear and kissed the top of the blonde's head. She held Rosé tighter as she felt her wife already in deep sleep, slightly snoring.

Because at the end of the day, they will always find their way back to each other. No matter the circumstances. That's what love does.

"I love you so much more, Rosie. You have no idea."