Chapter 23 (fully edited) 1712

"Those people in the truck were the people who killed Kyle?" I was surprised. They didn't seem like the type of people to do that. I decided I didn't want any negative influences or thoughts in my life. My father came to live with me; he moved in quite fast, especially while I was going through the stages of grief.

I missed Kyle and sat at the window for days, completely emotionless, unable to cry. It was like I was screaming from inside to be let out. I didn't feel like eating. I just wanted to end my own life, my suffering. My father would barge into my room many times an hour to ensure I hadn't done anything, such as self-harming or wild things. I felt completely numb.

I was young and naive and believed that love was a one-time thing. Also, not to mention, Lee reminded me of Kyle every time I was around him. I couldn't just date Lee after Kyle. It wasn't right. I wanted to remain friends, because it would show more respect for Kyle.

I stopped talking to my only friends, Marissa and Lee. Because I am almost positive Marissa was sleeping with Lee and Lee because he reminded me too much of Kyle, and I couldn't be reminded of that pain by something they did.

That nothingness. I guess this is how I should have felt when I lost my grandma, but this death was sudden; I had not expected it. With Kylina, she got older, and I was expecting it, maybe not so soon, but I was. When somebody dies suddenly, it's a different pain than if you knew they were dying.

I felt the same way with my mother when she was here, but she wasn't around for me to talk to most of the time. She was always out in the world doing God knows what.

I always thought about these things in my darkest times, when I only got out of bed to go to the bathroom. People told me it would get better and that there were other fish in the sea, but I wouldn't have believed it. Nobody believes it. The thing is that time has moved past, and they are more distant from their pain than someone it just happened to. Time is the only thing that heals because you get used to that person, and your memory wanes.

I was stuck at one time-the time when I saw Kyle dead in that vehicle. My father knocked at my door, "Kylie; somebody is here to see you."

"Tell Marissa I don't want to talk," I shouted with a stuffy nose. I was furious with her because of what she lied to me about.

"It is not Marissa." the voice said.

"Tell Lee the same thing," I said in response to the voice.

"It's not Lee." The voice said once again.

"Then who is it?" I was confused because I didn't talk to many girls and genuinely didn't know who it was.

"Why don't you come to see for yourself?" Repeated the voice.

"No, I don't feel like it," I grumbled and sighed. I just wanted to be alone to have time to process everything I had been through.

"Kylie, please let me in; I would like to talk to you and help you," said a familiar voice.

"Huh?" I didn't need help, or maybe I did, so I gave it a little thought.

"Kylie, I have been there before!" explained the voice.

"What do you mean?" I looked mysteriously at the door.

"Just let me in, and I will explain everything." I unlocked my door and let her in. She saw my room in complete disarray, with clothes piled up in the corners, my drawers out of my dresser, and my bed with missing pillows. There were candy wrappers all around my bed, and there were also water bottles everywhere.

"Wow, your room is messy for once; in class, you were always the clean freak," she explained. I was very upset about how she insulted me about something I barely cared about. She should have understood everything that I had been through.