Chapter 11 (fully edited) 1708

Immediately I texted my boyfriend, "I just want to say that I love you! I miss you!"

"Aww, Kylie, I love you too!!!" He then sent a heart with a kissy emoji.

My mom said that she had a meeting at school around 7 that night and she'd be back around 9.

"Kylie, I will be back soon. Get your studies done tonight." My mom told me.

"I will mom," I concluded. I definitely would get my schoolwork done. Just because I had issues, I was still a good teenager."

"It's a learning curve, my girl. Okay? I love you, Kylie."

"I love you too!" I felt so much better after having my mom discover the giant spiral of lies finally unraveled, and I was happy to say I felt at ease again.

I ran upstairs and tried to finish my studies, but my mom gave me extra homework. It must be because I kept the truth from her. That is a much better punishment than being grounded. I fell asleep on my desk while I tried to finish my studies. I woke up around seven, took my phone, and texted Lee, "Goodnight Lee, I love you!"

I woke up the following day and hoped to get at least one text, but no. Something was up. I mean I woke up around 7 am, and he wasn't home. He was already at school, but usually, he was the last one at school.

I continued on with my day. I was doing housework and, of course, studying. I was waiting, waiting, and waiting for my boyfriend to come home. It was nearly dusk before he came back. "This is crazy and almost obsessive," I told myself. I heard the words my mom said over and over again, "Don't get lost in it." That is what she must have meant.

Lee was walking to his door, and I met him on his way.

"Hey, Lee." I excitedly ran up to the doorway from my house.

"Oh, hi, Kylie." he looked down at the ground as if he wasn't excited to see me.

"What's wrong?" I could tell something was up; he was all depressed and down.

"Nothing, I'm just tired. Football practice didn't go well."

"I texted you," I claimed

"Oh yeah, so I need to talk to you!"

"Ok," I said excitedly.

"So, I've been thinking we should probably see other people before committing to one another for the rest of our lives." Those words shot straight through my heart.

"But.. you told me you loved me. Do you not love me?" I was choking back the tears, trying to keep my eyes from watering. I didn't want him to see me crying about him. I tried to stay strong, which was so hard when I was so weak.

"You see, when I said I loved you, it was only so I could sleep with you." He looked up at me, and I knew this wasn't him. This isn't who I fell in love with. Where's the man that I fell in love with? Am I just stupid and didn't see through his true colors?" I questioned myself with inconclusive answers.

"What did I ever see in you? How could I be so damned naive to think that somebody attractive and young could ever be interested in me? I'm just a sickening disease." I turned away. It's all I ever thought. Why else would he not love me after the night we had? Why would he do that after all the times he showed his love to me?

I walked away as tears welled in my eyes, showing him that I wasn't going to cry. I ran to my house and opened the door, ran up the stairs and fell up the stairs and hit my head. I was okay, but it hurt badly. I went to my room and closed my blinds. I got to work. I created a sign out of the posterboard I had kept for painting. I had to take out my colored pencils to make it. I laminated it to ensure the rain didn't ruin the sign. It was finally finished.