Chapter 2 (fully edited) 1763

I decided to show up to my mother's class during a debate about whether or not Vince Van Gogh was famous or if he was infamous. I only went to her classes to sharpen my knowledge. I hardly ever spoke as I was a quiet student, but I had to; because of my gut, I interrupted the debate,

"Vince Van Gogh is an amazing artist now but not back then, similar to Leonardo Da Vinci." the classmate's mouths gaped except the one that belonged to the boy in front of me,

"Do you think he was famous? Nobody could beat Leonardo," he rudely interrupted, giving me a convincing eye.

"Not back then, but now his paintings sell for millions." I crossed my arms and gave him a stern look. My classmates looked at me in amazement; nobody knew I could talk. Most people thought I was mute.

"Interesting." He pondered his words as he continually tapped his finger on his chin.

My mom continued to teach, and he turned around and whispered,

"You're new here, right?" He questioned.

"Yes, I am." He turned around to pay attention, or so I thought. He then introduced himself and turned again,

"Hi, I am Lee."

"I swear he said his name was Lee," I thought."Hi, I am Kylie." I stuttered as my lips shook with anxiety.

"Wait, Kylie Smith?" He questioned.

"Yes," I replied, confused as to how he knew my full name.

"It is me, you know, Liam? I kicked a soccer ball at your head in third grade?"

"Oh..." I smiled and blushed."Hi, Lee." I slumped down in my chair to hide my anxiety.

"Wow, it is great to see you, Kylie. I never thought I would see you again," He excitedly said.

"Yes, you too, Lee." I tried to whisper. However, this was the same boy I liked, and my cheeks flushed red when I thought about him. He was also my neighbor. I felt my heart racing and those fluttering butterflies.

"Hey, here's my phone number" he tore a corner off the edge of his notebook sheet.

"Okay, I'll see you when I get home," I replied.

"What did you say?" he was confused.

"You're my neighbor!" I talked loud enough for my mom to hear me. My mom waited patiently ignored me until she said,

"Kylie, you must go out into the hallway; you are disrupting the learning environment. I will get you when I am ready to go home."

"Why can't I go by myself?" I crossed my arms in anger as I walked through the classroom door before she closed it.

"Because I said so, young lady!" My mom raised her voice," I have a meeting to go to now, and I will be back in 1 hour. You wait right there. If the meeting runs late, Marissa will pick you up." She pointed to the spot outside her classroom; the bell rang, and all the students rushed out of her classroom.

I waited for over an hour until Marissa took me home. I could not get out of the car fast enough. I ran to the bathroom and put a little mascara on, but nothing too glamorous. I also glided to my room and put on a cute shirt and blue jeans before I ran outside and met up with him.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey." "So, where have you been all this time?" He questioned.

"Well, I was taken out of school at 10, and I am homeschooled now."

"So... why are you in art class with Mrs.Smith?"

"Oh, well, I have a huge passion for artistical stuff," I claimed.