Chapter 18 (fully edited) 1756

I ran out of the hospital crying while Lee was walking in,

"Kylie? What's wrong?" I couldn't even speak.

"Kylie, we are going to go to your father's." I nodded my head.

I knocked on the door with Lee right next to me.

"Mom, I don't...know...where," I said in between sobs. 

"Kylie, it's okay" I pulled him towards me for a hug.

"Do we have any trace of her?" Lee asked the nurse while I held him like there was no tomorrow.

"No, the nurse said she left her phone at the hospital and packed up really fast. I don't know what happened to her or where she is. She was there yesterday, and today she was gone. Why would she leave me here? Why wouldn't she talk to me? Why didn't she take me with her instead of leaving me here with the house? I didn't like being alone. I really hated it. I didn't understand anything!"

"Kylie, I could move in with you, but I'm pretty sure you want to know me better. I'm not on a lease. It's week by week. So, I could stay here until you get everything situated and trust me more."

"I don't know what to do. I might have to move in with Lee here because I can't be alone; I can't. Not while I'm worried about mom."

"No, I'm right next door. It's okay, Kylie, we'll find her." Lee patted my back, hoping to calm me down.

I wasn't looking forward to my art classes because of the people who would be gawking at me and the others who would ask where the teacher is. I didn't go back to school, and I didn't feel like talking to anybody else but Lee.

"Lee, I love you. Idc who knows it." I texted him, and I never received a response. However, Mystery man messaged me later that night.

"Hey, Kylie, what's up?"

"Nothing much. I don't feel like talking."

He was about to respond and stopped responding. 

Twenty minutes later, my doorbell dings, and it was Mystery Man in another disguise. I was surprised to see him here. I didn't think he would show up. I couldn't deal with him right now with my conflicted feelings.

"Kylie, I know you are in there! Please open up! We could watch a movie or do anything you want."

"Why do you always need to hide your face? Why can't you show me who you are?"

"I'm a superhero in disguise, but I love you, darling little star."

"Ok, whatever. Come in."

"Thank you, darling little star," he said as he entered the house and kissed my forehead.

I turned on the TV, and we watched a movie, and he just watched me. It reminded me of what I used to do to Lee. He held my hand and hand-hugged mine. He was so cute I had no idea how I got so lucky. He kissed my forehead and smelt so good, similar to Lee. I really liked men's cologne. He tried kissing me during the kiss in the movie we were watching, and I pulled away. I told him I wasn't ready, but deep in my heart, I loved Lee and always would. I knew that the moment I met him. There was something familiar about him, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. After the movie was over, he left. I was scared that he knew my dirty little secret. Before he left, I told him something, which turned out to be a huge conversation I thought would never end.

"Hey, Mystery Man" I looked away from his eyes which were covered by the mask, because telling him a deep dark secret would cause me anxiety.

"Yeah?" he grabbed my chin and forced me to look him in his eyes.