Chapter 6 (fully edited) 1962

The next day I didn't want to go to sit in my mom's class. I was upset. So I stayed in bed, and his text woke me up, "Where are you at?"

"Home." I abruptly concluded. My hair, which was supposed to be in a cute bun, was in a knot above my head. I didn't sleep very well. I tossed and turned all night.

"Why?" he quizzed. I wondered whether he was worried or just wanted it to seem like he cared.

I lied, "I have so much homework to do from homeschooling." I didn't want to see him right now. I felt so embarrassed about the way I said I had Aquagenic Urticaria.

"Oh, well, I miss you!" He immediately responded.

"Sure you do!" I rolled my eyes; I'm sure he could see that through text. He missed me so much that he had a beautiful blonde girl riding shotgun with him the minute I told him of my problem. I felt betrayed.

He waited a few minutes to respond, but I didn't know what to expect. I was the "diseased" girl.

"What's that supposed to mean? Are you mad at me? Tell me so I can fix it before it's too late!!!" He was worried. It was obvious by the number of exclamation points he had used.

"I gave up," I responded after looking down at the floor for a few seconds. Then, I thought of what he was going to say.

"What do you mean you gave up?" He rapidly responded.

"I gave up on us," I replied, saddened that I genuinely had accepted he was lying to me.

"Somebody told you something. TELL ME WHAT!" He put it in all capitals, meaning he had something to hide, or maybe he was oblivious to my emotions.

"I just want you to be happy even if it's not with me," I explained.

"Are you talking about Leah? I don't like her. I pushed her off me at the party when she was flirting with me!" He claimed, pretending not to know.

"No, who was the girl at your house last night?" I interrogated him. I had an adrenaline rush, and I stared at my phone, just waiting for his confession. I can't believe how much jealousy I felt. I had never experienced such an internal monster before.

"What girl?" he responded instantly. "Maybe she didn't mean anything to him," I thought.

"The girl with the blonde hair? Tall, pretty, tan, and everything that I'll never be," I explained. I sat on the edge of my bed and waited for a long time. I threw my phone across the room in a fit of anger.

After a few minutes, he texted back. "OMG HAHAHAHAHA!!!! " he put a smiley face outside of the text.

"I'm not finding this funny," I texted. I was upset that he would lie to me after everything I had told him. And the fact that he would make fun of it.

"That's my cousin! We aren't in Alabama!" he replied. The minute I received the text, I felt the pressure of the adrenaline disappear.

"Oh......awk :o" I felt so embarrassed, and I looked up at the ceiling in disbelief that I would even think that.

Lee didn't text back for a while, then said, "You're jealous?" along with a green monster emoticon. My face flushed with red. I had never felt this stupid. I started hitting myself lightly on the head as I wondered if I was stupid.

I tried to hide it, which was easy because I hid behind a screen. "No, not at all; you're only my best friend." I threw his words from the previous conversation back at him.