Chapter 9 (fully edited) 2046

For the next few days, Lee hadn't texted me back. I was worried. We said I love you then. Of course, everything had to change. Just when I think I'm getting ahead in life, it's like, "haha fuck you." I looked into his window only to find that the blinds were closed. I felt he was closing me off and ghosting me like I meant nothing to him.

Later on, after I heard a noise at my window, I went to where I heard the noise. I saw a girl flirting with him, and they were holding hands. Then I saw her kiss him. It was Marissa As the jealous person I was, I chose to text him, and they proceeded to go inside his house.

"Hey, how r u" I texted, hoping for a quick response.

It was a quick response, but not the one I had hoped for.

"Stay away from my boyfriend;" "Why was Marissa doing this? Why was she with the boy I liked, and how did he ghost me like that? I deserved more than ghosting." I thought to myself. He shouldn't have acted like such a child. My birthday was excellent, and everything was falling apart in my hands, crumbling into the sand.

I stayed away because I respected Lee and didn't want to mess anything up. I wanted him to be happy even if it wasn't with me. After that, I deleted him from my phone, and I hung up my shirt on the paint easel, the one that said, "I love my boyfriend." I saw him walk past it on his way to school with a confused face. Lee was so oblivious at times to my disappointment. He acted like he didn't do anything wrong when Lee ripped my heart out. The only thing I could think of is going out with this guy, Troy, who was high-key flirting with me. I started to get ready.

When he returned home, I did my hair and makeup. I never realized it, but the guy looked a lot like Lee the more I thought about it. That's when I went on a date with him; it was too late to turn back. 

The date went well, but it was gut-wrenching. I barely knew him, yet he told me he loved me on our first date. We just went to a drive-in movie; nothing super romantic. He drove up to my house which is when his whole demeanor changed. I felt unsafe and insecure. He locked his car doors and wasn't going to let me out. He looked like Lee, but he creeped me out. I felt his hand on my thigh, but I couldn't go anywhere because the thunder rolled in so quickly, and it started to pour.

It was raining again "great fucking luck," I thought to myself; I had to get out. This guy told me he loved me, and now he is trying to push his body onto mine and unbutton my pants. I wasn't this girl and wanted to push him off, but I was afraid he would shove me out of his car or drive off. It was my fault; I put myself in this situation and had to deal with the consequences.

Just then, Lee came outside. He was taking out the garbage that he often neglected to do. He saw me struggling in Troy's car. I hoped he would save me. I felt my heart beating faster and faster. He was kissing me without my consent. I heard footsteps approaching, and I heard breathing. He opened the door and reached in for Troy. I sat in the car worried. Troy was more built than Lee was. Suddenly I was brought to reality when I realized Lee wasn't near the car.

 He went back inside; of course, he did. I was sure nobody would help me, and Troy would have his way with me. I reached to unlock the door and was able to. But I couldn't have enough time to open it and escape.

Lee came out of nowhere like a knight in shining armor. He was carrying an umbrella and opened the door that I had unlocked. He reached in and grabbed me. I was embarrassed because my pants were unbuttoned. But Lee seemed indifferent towards it. 

Lee told me to go inside his house for a second while he had a little talk with Troy. I was eavesdropping from the window like any regular damsel in distress. However, I was petrified that the thunder outside was roaring. It wasn't like any thunder; it was the thunder that I thought would develop into a tornado.