Chapter 4

Y/N looked around the pool at all the cast and crew there having a great time. Millie and Noah were sitting at the edge of the pool laughing while they kicked their legs in the water. Charlie and Keery were standing at the table where they had set up a computer to stream an 80's music mix, drinking and laughing. Sadie, Caleb and Gaten were with Finn talking around the BBQ grill while Mason and Grace and some of the casting crew were dancing. Y/N immediately noticed all the older adult actors like David, Winona, Brett, and Cara were Standing around the bar chatting. Joseph reached over for her hand and smiled as he lead her in and they started to mingle with everyone else. Pretty soon, Joe had ended up standing around with Keery and Charlie with the music, while Y/N sat in a chair by the pool by herself. Soon enough, she was joined by Jamie.

"You must be Y/N? Joe has told me a lot about you, " he handed her a bottle of water. "Enjoying the party?"

She thanked him and took a sip before nodding, "Yeah, it's great to meet everyone." She looked around nervously as Jamie began asking her multiple questions about herself. She answered the questions about her family, places she had been, likes and dislikes. After what felt like forever, she asked, "Jamie, what's with the interrogation? I feel like I am being tested or something."

He laughed and then smiled at her, "My apologies, Joe is a great friend of mine and I just want to get to know about the woman he has been spending time with. You know, he speaks about you frequently. I guess I wanted to get a feel about where YOU are in all this."

She though about it for a minute before answering, getting a little quiet. "I think he's amazing, Jamie. I'm not going to lie though. I have not had the best luck in the past with men. In fact, I have had NO luck to be honest. If it was possible, I would be the high priestess of the friend zone." Jamie chuckled. "No, seriously. I have never had a man pay attention to me the way Joe does. It's like he sees ME, not anything else."

"What's else WOULD he see?"

She looked at him with a side-eye. "Come on...."

"No, really. You think your size is an issue? That's not who you are. The sooner you realize that, the happier you'll be. I don't think Joe sees anything but a beautiful, kind, well-spoken, attentive, woman...."

Y/N rolls her eyes, "Who happens to ALMOST be old enough to be his MOTHER."

Jamie shrugged as he stood up and whispered into her ear. "He doesn't care about your age at all..." Y/N's eyes widened as she watched Jamie walk towards Maya and Gaten at the pool table. Could it be? Had Joe been talking about this with his friends? She snapped out her racing mind when she felt someone sit next to her. Joe...

"Everything alright?" He handed her a beer.

"Oh, yeah. I was just thinking. Are you having a good time?"

He nodded as he took a swig from his bottle. "Sure. I saw you talking to Jamie. Whatever he said about me, don't believe a word."

She laughed. "And what makes you think we talked about you?"

"I know Jamie all too well." Joe looked over at her smiling as he took her hand and stood up. "Would you like to have a dance?" Y/N smirked as she stood up, blushing.

"Oh I am a terrible dancer." Joe practically dragged her to the little makeshift dance floor as the song FOOTLOOSE started playing. Everyone cheered and joined in moving around the floor dancing and laughing. When the song ended, Y/N was breathless and a little tired, but she was glad when the next song playing was Crazy For You by Madonna, a slow song. Joe pulled her into his arms before she had a chance to go sit down. She looked around as she slowly moved her feet with his before finally looking into his eyes. He smiled and pulled her head to his shoulder as they continued moving to the music. She took a deep breath and started to feel relaxed again in his arms.