Chapter 11

Joe held Y/n's hand as they walked into Grace's place, waving at everyone. The party was already in full swing so Joe leaned into her ear, "I'm going to the poker table outside to play a few hands. Want to come?" She shook her head. She knew the guys were pretty cut throat and serious when they played poker and she didn't want to distract Joe.

"That's alright. I see Maya and Nat in the living room so I'll just hang out with them." He smiled and kissed her before heading outside.

After a while, everyone started getting a little calmer. Y/N mostly hung out with the girls while Joe stayed outside smoking and playing poker. She went to the little bar to make herself a glass of wine and looked around the room before noticing Kiefer was watching her. She smiled and looked away thinking about what Joe has said earlier. She started to head back towards to living room when she felt someone grab her arm and turned to see Kiefer. "Hey. I've been waiting to get a chance to say hello all evening."

She looked down at his hand on her arm. "Hi... You'll could have said hi anytime."

"Well, every time I would try to come over, someone else would beat me to the punch. So I figured I better do it while you are not the social butterfly." She smiled. "Seems like everyone flocks to you."

"Well, the girls like to come to me with their guy troubles. I guess they look at me as a kind of 'relationship guru' since I'm older. Like I have all theses years of experience or something."

"Well, don't you?"

"Hardly." Kiefer smiled and took a look around the room. "So...where's your little friend?"

"Excuse me?"

"The boy from earlier. The British one?" She furrowed her brow.

"He's out back playing poker. Why?"

"Just wandering what the deal with your two is." She suddenly got defensive.

"I beg your pardon. Not that it's any of your business but we've been seeing each other for a while now and things are good."

"Oh come on. Surely you guys aren't THAT serious..." she grew angry and put her wine glass down. "He's a kid." She shook her head and turned to walk away. Kiefer grabbed her arm again trying to stop her and pulled her towards him whispering.  "Now wait a second. Things might go a lot better for you if you ditch the child and set your standards a little higher with someone more mature." She snatched her arm away and leaning in speaking quietly.

"How dare you touch me. You have no right to say that either. You don't know anything about my relationship with Joe. And furthermore, he is far more mature than most men I've met."

"Now wait. It's nothing against him. But you can't see a real future with him, do you? Because I don't think you do. And if that's the case, just keep in mind that you might do better and get a lot further with someone who can give you more than he probably would." He reached out and ran his finger down her sleeve and she scowled and backed away, not wanting to make a scene.

Y/N walked to the back patio and found the poker game was ending. She walked over to Joe and he put his arm around her waist. All the guys were laughing until they looked at Y/N and noticed how upset she looked and quickly got quiet. Keery frowned and stood up. "What's the matter?" Joe glanced up and quickly stood.

"Y/N? Are you alright?" She nodded and took a deep breath. She really didn't want to start any trouble.

"Yes. It was just getting a little stuffy in the condo. I needed some air." She smiled and looked at Keery. "I'm ok. Really. Probably a little too much wine." Joe looked at Keery and then back at her. "How was the game?"