Chapter 13

The next morning, Y/n woke up and frowned when she reached for Joe and realized he wasn't next to her. She looked over at the clock and saw it was 8:30. Joe never got up this early unless it was for work. She got out of bed and put on her robe before going into the living room and finding Joe on the back patio smoking. She opened the door and her smile faded when she saw his park of cigarettes. She had just bought the pack and it was half gone after being bought yesterday afternoon.

"What's wrong?" Joe took a drag off his cigarette and kept his eyes off her.

"Have you checked your rehearsal emails?"  She went into the kitchen to the bar where she kept her phone charging at night and checked her emails. Shelly has sent a mass email announcing that Kiefer needed to close the rehearsals with him and Y/N do they could have "private rehearsal" to prepare for the physicality of their scene. She closed her phone and went back outside.

"Joe, I had no idea this was happening. I'm going to email Shelly right now and let her know." She opened her phone and started to reply as Joe stood and tossed his cigarette, his anger growing as he hit his hands on the table.

"I already emailed and said you didn't need private rehearsal with him at all."

"You what?!?! Why did you answer for me?"

"He can't demand a private rehearsal like that with you!" Joe followed her into the condo, his voice raised.

"No, but the totally stop the rehearsals altogether? THAT WAS NOT NECESSARY!" She stood in the kitchen yelling back at Joe. "There are other ways this could have been handled!"

"Like what?!"

"Like telling him the rehearsals would stay open for the cast!" Joe got frustrated and shook his head.

"I can't believe you still want to work with the bastard! Why haven't you told the Duffers?"

"Because I don't want you or I to end up on the cutting room floor! YOU especially. Eddie is an amazing and important character and NO ONE will be able to play him like you can, Joseph!" He stood for a minute quiet. She never called him JOSEPH encept when she was angry. He took a deep breath and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, love. You're right. I should have let you handle this yourself." He looked as tears welled in her eyes.

"Yes, you should have let me take care of this. And now I have to figure out how to fix it." She wiped her eyes and thought for a minute.  "I'll email Shelly that I'm not feeling good and need to stay away from everyone until we film on Friday." He nodded in agreement.

"Sure, just tell her I was worried and didn't go onto details and that I'll work with you on rehearsing in the meantime..."

" No," she interrupted him. "I'm staying away from everyone, including you. I can't get you sick either." Joe stared at her for a minute and hit his fist on the bar before marching into the bedroom to grab some of his things, angry tears stinging his eyes when he came out and stormed past Y/n, slamming the door behind him. She covered her face as she started crying loudly.

The next few days for Joe were not easy. After their fight, she had been staying at the condo and not wanting to rehearse with even Mason. She had told everyone she wasn't feeling well and didn't want to take a chance getting anyone else sick, so she stayed in her condo alone. She even sent Joe back to his place. When Friday came, Shelly announced that Y/N was finally well enough to shoot the big scene with Kiefer. Everyone felt like something was going on, but no one asked questions. Joe sat in the makeup trailer tapping his fingers nervously as he waited to be called to set. Finally, he got the call and walked to the set.