Chapter 10

Y/N leaned down kissing Joe's forehead while he slept. She had to leave for the doctor and the table read and she knew he wanted to rest since he had been filming for the last couple of days, as well as dealing with her. She felt bad for having kept it for so long, but she didn't want to burden Joe with it. One thing she had learned over the last few months with him was that he wore his heart on his sleeve. He was very protective of her and she didn't like for him to stress about her. And now that they had reached this new relationship level, telling each other they were in love, things started getting a little more real for her. Her mind raced thinking about a potential future with this man. How would that even be possible? She glanced at the little bag next to her smiling mischievously. Knowing he loved her had given her a sudden boost in her morale. She when she had first come to Georgia, she was prepared for everything to finish and that was all. But now, she was looking forward to what might happen with Joe, not only that, but she actually felt like there was a real chance for her to be happy with him, and more importantly, to make HIM happy. The idea of being in love was one thing, but knowing they love you and they are happy with you was, for her, the best feeling in the world. She felt so amazing to have this with Joe. She felt like his love was a miracle.

After the doctors visit, she headed back to the condos to get changed before the table read. Where the Uber dropped her off, her phone went off.

TEXT FROM GRACE: Hey girl! Can you come a little early to the read? Apparently the writers have a big surprise for us.

She texted back that she was on her way and quietly went into the condo, surprised to see Joe sitting on the couch with his laptop. "Well, hello sleepy head,"  she walked over to him smiling and kissed him when he looked up at her.

"Hello, darling. How did the read go? What's in the bag?" She grinned as she walked away with her little bag from the shop she stopped at before coming home.

"It's a surprise for you to get later. And I am going to the read in a few minutes actually. Are you going to hang out here?"

"Actually, I think I am going to go with you and run some lines with my little group. Plus the dialect coach meeting me later," he closed the laptop and followed her into the room. "When do I get the surprise?"

She laughed as the put the bag away. "Later! And do NOT go snooping around." She sat on the bed and put on her sneakers before getting up and walking over to him. She put her arms around his waist and leaned her head on his shoulder hugging him. She had suddenly felt a need to just hold him and know he was there. He pulled back after he held her and looked at her for a second before kissing her. She could tell in his eyes, he wouldn't snoop.

When they got to the trailer for the table read, Y/n immediately noticed the large car and driver waiting outside. "I wonder who's here," she said to Joe as he opened the door for her, shrugging. They walked in and Joe kissed her before heading to the set to meet Nat, Maya, Keery, and Gaten. She headed in the room and immediately saw Grace, who waved her over. she and Mason were standing at a table talking to someone sitting in front of them. When she go to the table, Mason immediately grinned and pulled her over to join them.

"Hey, Y/n. Come meet who they got to play Jason's dad..." She gasped when she saw they got Kiefer Sutherland to play Samuel Carver. Immediately she smiled, having a bit of a fangirl moment.

"Wow. It's an honor to meet you, Mr. Sutherland."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. And call me Kiefer." He smiled as he shook her hand. "Mason tells me you're playing Jason's teacher that I'll be having issues with." She nods, still a little star struck as he smiles. "Well, I'm really looking forward to working with everyone. Even if it's just for a couple of weeks." Mason elbowed Y/n when she just nodded as Kiefer spoke.

"Um. Yes! Oh it's going to be amazing. Wow. Okay. I'm just going to get my script." She turned to Grace and mouthed OH MY GOD before walking to grab her script and taking her seat at the table with everyone else. She couldn't wait to tell Joe about this.

After the table read, Grace invited everyone to come to her condo for a little get together to welcome Kiefer and relax after rehearsal. Most of the cast was in Georgia, but there were a group filming in Arizona and then another group filming overseas. Everyone had left after filming the closing scenes of the season, including Winona, David, Brett, Charlie, Noah, Finn, and Millie. Y/N started packing up her script when Kiefer walked over to talk to her. She was a bit more comfortable but still had little stars in her eyes talking to him.

"So how are you liking working with everyone?"

"Oh it's great! Kind of weird though. Most of the older cast members aren't here for these scenes so I'm kind of the senior member. It's nice to have another 'adult' here though. What do you think of the script so far?"

"It's interesting. Kind of weird reliving the Eighties though."

"Right? I was young but it's almost like living a flashback!" She glanced over his shoulder when she saw Joe walk in in his Eddie costume, waving him over. "Oh there's Joe..." Kiefer turned to look at the group coming in. "And everyone else too." Keery, Natalia, Gaten, Sadie, Caleb, Priah, and the other cast members came into the room behind him. Joe walked over to Y/n and reached his hands to meet Kiefer.

"Hey. I'm Kiefer, and you are?"

"Joseph Quinn. Nice to meet you, sir. I'm playing Eddie Munson." Joe shook his hand and then put his arm around Y/N. She also introduced the other cast members along with their roles. After everyone met, Grace let everyone know what time to be at her place and everyone started to head to their places to get ready. Joe was helping Y/n finish getting her things together when Kiefer walked up.

"So I guess everyone is going to this thing later. Will you be going too?" Joe stopped for a minute and furrowed his brow. Y/n smiled at Kiefer and nodded.

"Sure. We try to get together once a week to unwind after rehearsal. Keeps everyone sane really." Kiefer stepped a little closer to her before handing her one of her pencils, oblivious to Joe even being there.

"Maybe we can have a drink and talk about the scenes we are doing." Y/N looked up and then glanced over at Joe.

"Sure, that'd be great! I'd love some  feedback actually." Joe took the pencil from her and moved to stand between her and Kiefer.

"We can't wait to see you at the party." Kiefer stood toe to toe with Joe before looking over to Y/N and speaking directly to her.

"See you later then." After he walked away, she looked over at Joe.

"What was that?" Joe leaned in whispering.

"Are you kidding? He was BLATANTLY FLIRTING with you. And you were letting him!"

"No, he wasn't and I wasn't LETTING him do anything. Don't be like this. He just wanted to talk about the scenes we're doing." She shook her head. "Joe. I love YOU. No one is going to change that for me." Joes face softened when she said that. He smiled and kissed her.

"I'm sorry, love. I just didn't like the way he was looking at you." She smirked, his jealousy was adorable.

"You have nothing to worry about Joe. Except that surprise I got you. Now let's get you out of the Eddie garb and we can get ready for the party ok?" Joe nodded and they headed to wardrobe before heading to the condo to change.