Chapter 6

JOE'S POV*****

Joe sat in the chair while the costumer and makeup people chatted about his outfits for Eddie. The hair was going to be a HUGE part of the costume and they couldn't get  the right one decided on. Keery came in every once in a while to check on him and see what the latest wig style was, but for the most part, all Joe could focus on was his dinner date tonight with Y/N. He kept replaying the event from the night before, smiling to himself and feeling a little twitch of arousal when he thought about it."Joe! Hello?" Joe jumped a little, startled out of his thought when Keery walked in behind him.

"How's it going, mate? What happened to your chest?"

"I got what was left over from your wig." Joe laughed as he snuck a selfie to send Y/N.

TEXT: What do you think? BTW, Keery sends his best ;)

Joe hit send smirking as Keery read over his shoulder

Joe hit send smirking as Keery read over his shoulder. "Don't send her that! Shit, man." He laughed as Keery sat down in the chair next to him. "SO.... Did you keep her out past curfew last night? I know we all started closing the party down around 2 AM and you two were completely oblivious to everyone in your little corner." Joe smiled a little and shrugged his shoulders a little. "OH REALLY? I'll be damned. I didn't think you had it in you."

Joe furrowed his brow, a little irritated at the comment. "What the fuck does that mean?"

"Nothing man. Just that your Brits are so strait-laced and stuff. The way you were talking in the car, I didn't think you'd get THAT far."

"Come on, man. Have a little respect."

"I'm sorry. All joking aside, I'm really happy for you. She's fucking terrific." Keery sees Joe's cell phone go off and grabs it when he sees a message from Y/N.

TEXT FROM Y/N: Tell Keery to put some clothes on. And I like the hair, it's pretty rad. VERY metal. Glad it's not a mullet.

"She likes your hair and wants to see me totally naked....AWKWARD MAN!" He pointed the cell at Joe to take another photo. "Smile, bro." After Keery took the photo, he puts on a shirt and Joe watch him take his phone to the sofa.

"What are you doing?" Keery snaps a selfie and texts Y/N from Joe's phone.

TEXT: I think Eddie might have better hair than Steve, no?

Joe grabs the phone from Keery, shaking his head.

"So, are you going out again tonight?"

"That was the plan. Not sure where to though."

Keery thought for a minute. "Depends one what you are wanting to do. There are a few nice places in town and you two are not really 'known' around here, you know? I think you'd like CANOE. It might be your best chance for something normal as far as a date goes before shit starts happening with the show." Joe 's phone goes off with a text. "What'd she say?" Joe smirks reading the text.

TEXT: No one has better hair than HAIR-ington. Now give Joe back his phone and stop flirting with me. :D

Keery laughs."See? She's too good for you, man." He stands up and slaps Joe's shoulder before walking out of the room. Joe takes his phone can dials Y/N/s phone. "Hello, sweetheart. So you like "The Beast"? It's a monstrosity, right?"

"No! It's very BON JOVI- VAN HALEN- EIGHTIES hair. It suits Eddie." Joe smiled hearing her voice.

"I have been thinking about you all day. I'm just about done here and I was going to head to my place and grab a shower before I come to get you."

"So where are we going? Should I dress nice?"

"Keery was telling me about this place called CANOE? I thought maybe we could grab an early dinner and then come back and maybe watch a movie at my place?"

"Sounds great. I'll be here getting ready. Just come in when you're ready to go. I'll leave the door unlocked for you." Joe smiled as he ended the calls and get out of his "Eddie" costume and hair to head home and get ready for dinner with Y/N.