10. i thought Italy was supposed to be hot

24.04.2022

Instagram

delilahjones posted in their story

danielricciardo : I'm hot

Delilah looked up from her phone and searched for Florence. The model had disappeared once again. She couldn't be far since the paddock was closed but it was 2pm and they needed to be in the McLaren hospitality before the beginning of the race to see Daniel.

She walked around the paddock for a good fifteen minutes before giving up and hoping Florence wasn't lost somewhere between tires. Delilah looked at her watch and decided she had enough time to go wish George luck. She headed toward the Mercedes motorhome.

"Are you even allowed to be there?"

The singer jumped in surprise before turning around. Toto Wolff was looking at her with a smile. She laughed and gave him a quick hug. She had spent most of the 2021 season in his company and she perfectly knew he was joking.

"I'm looking for George! I've been here since yesterday and I can't seem to find the idiot!"

Toto chuckled. "He's in his driver's room with Alex and Lando. Those idiots really think we don't see them sneek into each other's motorhome..." he shook his head.

Delilah laughed, waved Toto goodbye and wished him luck. "You should reserve that to your papaya friend..." he said with a smirk.
"I like you Toto, be careful, you might end up being the inspiration behind one of my future song" she threatened  in a jokingly manner.
"You could name it the mean team principle..."
They both laughed before she turned around to find the three not-so-discrete brits.

Delilah had finally found the drivers' room and was about to knock on George's when the one in front opened. She froze.

"Delilah?" she knew she should ignore him, but the almost hope in his voice made her turn around and wave awkwardly.
"Hi Lewis, how are you?" she cringed. Her voice didn't sound as strong as she wanted to.
"I'm great!" he wasn't and he mentally slapped himself for sounding so uncertain.

He didn't even know why he had stopped her. He hadn't seen her in almost four months and he could feel her absence in every aspects of his life. Of course, he had Kelly, but it wasn't the same. She didn't randomly sing when cooking, or cleaning or showering, she didn't share his love for fashion, she didn't learn how to braid his hair just because she wanted to (even though Delilah's braiding abilities were definitely not the best). He knew he should give Kelly time, but how was this relationship supposed to compare to the one he had with Delilah? He missed her, but he would never admit it.

The silence between them was heavy. At this point, she was praying for George to come and end her torture. She was embarrassed and it was awkward. It was not in any way a cute reunion. It was the heart clenching meeting of to lovers forced apart. While she kept looking at her shoes, her rings or above his shoulder, he couldn't help himself and observed her. He took in the hollow in her cheeks that did not exist 4 months ago and the way she pursed her lips to stop her from spilling things she would regret. He still found her to be the most beautiful women her ever laid his eyes on. She was barely smaller than him, her beautiful eyes avoiding him at all cost, her fashion sense still on point.

He had seen her earlier walking around the paddock with Daniel, Max and pretty much the entirety of the grid. She oozed a confidence that captivated him. Her smile was less bright that it used to, not entirely reaching her eyes and her laugh was missing something. But she was breathtaking. And everyone on the paddock could see how he was looking at her. Everyone but Delilah.

She had been looking at him, discretely, all weekend too. She had seen him holding Kelly like he used to hold her, and kiss her like he used to kiss her, and laugh with her, and love her. Her heart was breaking all over again. She had come to term with the fact that she loved him still. Hell, she even wrote a song about it! So, seeing him again, looking handsome as ever, in an happy relationship was hard. Like she had said to Flo when the first picture of the two came out, 'he moved on faster than the car he drives' and it was killing her, now more than ever. She had avoided the three previous races as well as the pre-season testing to avoid this situation but she couldn't give Daniel anymore excuses. So, here she was, facing the man she broke the heart to but was still in love with, trying to avoid fainting.

"It was nice to see you again, but I have to go" he said ending her (and his) suffering.
"Sure! You still have a race to, well, race" she chuckled nervously.

He waved at her and walked away. She exhaled, trying to calm her heartbeat. She held onto George's driver's room door for a minute, trying to regain her composure when the door suddenly opened.
She stumbled into the room, almost falling. The three boys were laughing at her while she was glaring at them.

"Toto knows you're here assholes."

sending...
I love a bit of pain...
Anyway! Delilah and Lewis need to learn to communicate...