42. friendly gathering

this is a double update, make sure you didn't miss chapter 41 ! 

enjoy <3

25.11.2022

Delilah was running around the appartement she now shared with Lewis in Monaco. They had to meet their friends in the restaurant they rented out for the night and Delilah couldn't find her shoe. Why was she always losing her shoes?

Lewis exited the bathroom and watched as his girlfriend was desperately trying to put her hand on her shoe. He chuckled and quickly looked over the room, spotting the missing item by the table. He handed it to her and Delilah sighed. She put on her pink heels that complimented her long yellow dress and straightened up. She glanced at her man, admiring how the black shirt and suit trousers fitted him. His braided hair were pulled out of his face and he was wearing jewelry. She grinned at him and quickly kissed him. His smiled widened.

The rushed out of the flat and drove to the restaurant. Of course, they were late. Most of their friends were already there. The table waiting for them was huge. Most of the grid was invited, as well as their partners, Florence, Sébastien and Lily were also there.

The moment they entered the restaurant, Delilah was engulfed into a hug by Daniel. He was over the moon. Not only because he had found a seat for 2023 at Alpine, but also because he knew tonight was going to be special.
The couple greeted everyone and Delilah quickly joined the girls to gossip about everything. Sandra had managed to make it despite her obligations in Canada so they were all reunited. The only one missing was Kate. Delilah had received a call a few days ago from Pierre telling her they broke up. She knew he was devasted and a quick discussion with Kate told her she was too. Kelly was also missing and no matter how much she had harassed Max, he would'nt tell her anything.
The singer looked around for Pierre and found him with Charles and Lewis. She excused herself and walked over to them. When they saw her coming, the three man immediately stopped talking. 

"Sorry boys, I just wanted to check on Pierre... How are you doing?" she asked.

"Could be better... But it'll pass. It was the right thing to do."
Delilah nodded and squeezed his arm before moving to Lewis' side. He threw his arm around her waist. With her heels, she was slightly taller than him, he didn't mind, he loved when she wore heels. It made her legs look amazing.

After a few more minutes of everyone chatting, they were showed the tables. Two huge tables were dressed and everyone sat down. Delilah was between Lewis and Pierre, with Charles in front of her, Charlotte on his right and Daniel on his left. Florence was next to him. Wine was poured and the dishes were brought. Everything was delicious.
Delilah sat back with a content smile on her face.

"What is it?" Lewis whispered in her ear.

"Nothing. I'm just happy to be here. You know with all of our friends, celebrating the end of this season. I feel grateful," she smiled.

Lewis kissed her cheek before resuming his conversation with Max. Delilah looked over to Florence who was talking and laughing with Daniel. He had his arm thrown around her chair and a glorious smile plastered on his face.

"I don't understand why they're not dating already," Pierre sighed. "I mean... He likes her, it's quite obvious, and she likes him... What are they waiting for... A snowstorm?"

"We're in Monaco... I hope they're not waiting for that... But I know they would be great for each other! And they look adorable together!" she replied with a laugh. Daniel was a her best friend but sometimes he could be stupid. Especially when he wasn't able to realize that Florence was head over heels for him.