Epilogue

12.08.2023

Delilah was stressed. Today was the most important day of her life. She was in the suite of the castle they privatized for the occasion with her bridesmaids. She was waiting for Florence so they could take the first pictures of the bridesmaids. Her best friend was currently handling a crisis situation in the groom's suite with Sebastian, the bestman.

"You look gorgeous Delilah. Like, I knew you were going to be a stunning bride but right now, you're making me re-consider accepting Charles proposal..." Charlotte said from behind her.

Delilah turned around to look at her friends. She was really glad they were all able to come, but as Lily said a few months ago : 'this is going to be the wedding of the century, of course we're going to be there!'
And it was going to be the wedding of the century. Delilah and Lewis had spent every seconds of their free time planning it, from the location and the general vibe, to the guests and seating plan. They had rented a small castle (it wasn't as if they couldn't afford it) it Italy, by the sea. The wedding would be officiated by a priest, as it was Lewis' wish, but not in a church, as Delilah was atheist. The wedding planner they had hired had been perfect, listening to their wishes and making sure everything was as they wanted.

Now, Delilah was supposed to walk down the isle in thirty minutes. She was nervous. But a good king of nervous. All the girls were talking and the only two missing were Florence and Lily. Her sister was a bit of a control freak when it came to her daughter so she just kept on calling Sébastien to make sure she was alright. Finally the two girls entered the suite. The smile on Florence's face told Delilah the crisis was handled and there was no need to panic.

Twenty minutes later, a knock was heard on the door. Christian stood on the threshold, eyes filled with tears once his sight settled on his daughter. Delilah embraced her father and wiped his tears : if he was crying, she was going to cry too. She took her father's arm and went to the garden where the ceremony was held.

After that, it was just a happy blur. Lewis cried when he saw Delilah arrive and she started crying when he recited his vows. The rings were exchanged and finally the newlyweds kissed. The audience exploded in happiness. It was a beautiful ceremony.

Delilah traded her dress for a stunning suit and bralette embroidered with thousands of little cristals. She was now ready for the rest of the night. She met Lewis by the door and the couple walked into the garden under the cheers of their friends and family. Delilah greeted everyone before going over to her mother who was talking with Daniel. He was wearing a beautiful navy suit that fitted him perfectly. The mother-daughter duo hugged and talked for a bit before they were met with Lewis' parents. His step-mother and father hugged her before his mother kissed her on the cheek. The two women had walked Lewis down the island and Delilah was more than happy to see them.

They spent the rest of the night dancing, eating and drinking. Everyone was happy and smiling. But Delilah and Lewis' were the brightest. The two never left the other's side. They kept looking and grinning at each other, stealing kisses in between conversations. They were married but they felt like teenagers dating for the first time.

Finally, around five in the morning, everyone went to the room they were assigned to.

Delilah and Lewis entered their room in a isolated wing of the castle. The moment the door closed, Lewis' lips were on Delilah's kissing her hungrily.

"I've waited all night to do this," a small moan escaped Delilah's lips at his words.

Her back was against the door, holding her up while her hands were roaming on Lewis body. He put his knee between her legs and another moan fell from Delilah's mouth. She needed him. His lips left hers to kiss her jawline and then her neck. She threw her head back, a shiver running down her spine. It felt good. Of course it wasn't the first time they would sleep together, but tonight was different.