29. who doesn't have crush on micheal b. jordan?

22.06.2022

Lewis was in a plane to the Heathrow Airport. It was probably the stupidest thing he ever decided to do. But he didn't care. He could bear to lose her again. He wouldn't lose her again. Not without putting one hell of a fight. She had slipped through his fingers once, he had let her leave him once. Not twice.

He arrived in front of Delilah's door three hours later. He was stressing out. What if she shut the door without hearing what he had to say?

He knocked twice.

The door opened. Daniel was standing on the threshold.

"Get out of here Lewis," Daniel said coldly.

"I need to talk to her"

"She doesn't want to talk to you" he replied firmly

"She needs to know what really happened! I didn't kiss Kelly! She jumped on me and I pushed her back the moment I realized what was happening."

"She wants to be left alone"

"Daniel... I really need to talk to her... I don't want to lose her... Please..." Lewis was pleading.

"Get ou..."

"It's okay Daniel... Let him in... He won't be staying long anyway" Delilah interrupted him.

His heart clenched at the sight of her. Her eyes were dull, she was in a huge hoodie (his he noticed) and baggy sweatpants. Her voice was flat. She looked exhausted.
Daniel moved out of the way and gestured to Lewis to enter. He knew this flat all too well. The kitchen was on the right and was opened on the living room. A hallway was on the left and lead to two bedrooms and a bathroom. He had spent so much time here.

Delilah lead the way to the kitchen island and sat on one of the stools. She gave Daniel a nod and he left the room. She was looking at him, waiting for him to talk.

So he did. Lewis explained her what truly happened, apologizing over and over again. She listened. She knew he was telling the truth, she had a gut feeling he was. After almost an hour of explanation, Lewis asked :
"Will you ever forgive me?"

She smiled and nodded. Of course she would forgive him. The man flew all the way from Monaco just to apologize, had explained her what had happened and, when she began crying in the middle of their conversation, he had comforted her.

Daniel appeared in the kitchen. He was about to kick Lewis out of the apartment but when he saw the sparkles in Delilah's eyes he understood it was all forgiven. Delilah smiled at him, a real smile, not the imitation of one. His grin widened. Lewis stood up.

"I have to go... I'll see you tonight? Is 7 good for you?"

"Perfect" she smiled.

When the door closed, Delilah turned to Daniel,

"I have to call Flo! I have no idea what to wear tonight!"

Daniel laughed loudly happy to see his best friend back to herself.

Instagram

lightningmcqueen posted in their story