35. summer break part one

02.08.2022

Delilah and Lewis finally arrived in Kenya. Lewis had a three weeks summer breaks but Delilah had to be back in London by the 21st to finish working on her world tour that would begin mid September. Therefore, they decided to go on a road trip around Africa until the 9th and then they would go to Greece where their friends would meet them the 16th.

They were currently waiting for the driver to take them to their first destination. Delilah was cuddled into Lewis' side listening to him talking about how this year could be his year as he was finally leading the Championship. Max was still hot behind him with only 12 points missing but he was feeling confident. Delilah loved listening to him. He was so passionate about everything. Everything was peaceful until Delilah received a call from Daniel. She was confused at first because he perfectly knew she wasn't in England or in Europe but she answered nonetheless.

"Yes Daniel? Is everything alright?" she asked. Lewis furrowed his eyebrows.

"I... McLaren wants to fire me"

"They what?" she exclaimed.

"They say I underperformed this first half of the season and they want to replace me with another driver"

"It's a joke right?"

"It's not..."

"But Daniel... You're fifth in the Championship! What do you mean they say you underperform? This is complete bullshit! And what about that statement you released about continuing with them until the end of your contract?"

"I don't understand either... Like... Yes, I didn't win a race this year but still..."

"Do you know who they are going to sign?"

"Pretty sure it's Piastri... Since Seb decided to retire and Alsonso moved to Aston Martin... Piastri refused the Alpine seat so..."

"Yeah I saw... Putain... I'm so sorry... I wish there was something I could do... Anything..." she felt Lewis squeeze her arm. "How do you feel?"

"Like shit"

"I swear I'm going to break Zak's spine"

"No need... Florence is already on it..."

"Florence?" she was confused. Lewis looked at her wondering why the hell was Florence's name brought up. Delilah turned the speaker on.

"Yeah... Well... Emma broke up with me-"

"She was a bitch," Delilah interrupted. "Sorry, continue"

"Anyway... Florence had just sent me a text about our Greece trip and I just lost it..."

"Shit... I'm so sorry I can't come to Monaco... But I'm pretty sure Max and Charles are still there if you want..."

"I don't want to disturb them..."

"Daniel... They're your friends... They're here for you."

"thanks Del... Sorry for interrupting your trip lovebirds..."

"You can bother me anytime you want idiot. You're my best friend... I'm always here for you."