28. ugly crier

20.06.2022

Instagram

delilahjones posted in their story

"Are you okay Del?" she laughed dryly.

It was a stupid question, they both knew it. Daniel had arrived with the earliest flight possible and woke her up by knocking on the door to her flat.

Her eyes were red and puffy, her cheeks were stained with tears. She was an ugly crier, she knew that. Daniel had seen her like that only once : after she broke up with Lewis six months ago. It pained him to see her like that again. The moment she saw him, she began crying all over again. She was angry with Lewis but she was pissed at herself for allowing her heart to fall for him all over again.

Daniel engulfed her into a bone crushing hug. Lewis was one of his best friends but what he had done to the singer in his arms wasn't like him. The Mercedes driver had tried to talk to him but the Aussie had ignored him completely.

Delilah had blocked the man everywhere, even emails. She hated herself. She believed he had done this because he realised all the comments about her disturbing him were right. He had finally realised he was better off without her.

Daniel listened to her. Florence arrived in the afternoon. It was quite tensed between the two but they managed to cheer their friend up a little bit.
By the end of the day, Delilah wasn't crying anymore. She had spent her day eating and drinking with Dan and Flo. She had canceled upcoming photoshoots in order to stay in her apartment.

Instagram

heytheredelilah

Liked by charlotteauxfraises, sébastienlecrabe, papayaboy and 54 others

heytheredelilah : fucking hate my life rn

View all 17 comments

louisiana : fucking idiot he is

dantheman : he isn't worth it

russellfromup : I'm really sorry for you

missflo : I can break his spine if you want...
↳ dantheman : maybe, just maybe, it's a bit too extreme...
missflo : shut up Daniel, he's an ass.

The next day, she decided she couldn't be crying all day long over a boy she wasn't even with in the first place. She took Daniel and Flo to her father's house to eat lunch. Christian Jones was saddened by the state of his daughter but didn't say anything. He had loved Lewis when he was dating his little Delilah. He stood by Delilah's side when she decided to break up with him. He had seen her become the gost of what she used to be, closed in her studio, barely eating, barely living. One glance toward Daniel and he understood what had happened : Delilah was still very much in love and she broke her heart once again.

In Monaco, Lewis was desperate. He had tried to contact her but stopped after realising she had blocked him everywhere. He was reliving the moment over and over again. He didn't understand how Kelly had managed to enter the Mercedes Motorhome as she didn't have a Mercedes pass. He knew for a fact that the only person allowed to enter basically every motorhome with any pass was Delilah since she was friend with most of the grid. Kelly had appeared out of nowhere and rushed toward him before kissing him. Lewis quickly pushed her away but it was too late, the picture was already snapped. The security arrived a second later and she was ejected from the hospitality.
The article was published an hour later.

He had ran out of his driver's room to try and find Daniel to explain the situation. The look the McLaren driver gave him was enough to discourage him. He tried talking to George but he was ignoring him. Sebastian was giving him one-word answers and Charles always seemed to be with someone else. He had even tried talking to Sandra who he knew was part of Delilah's group friend. She pretty much threatened him not to get close to the singer.

So here he was, debating what to do. He knew she was currently with Daniel and Flo in London. It was Pierre who told him that. Why? He had no idea. He hoped it was because he believed him. Pierre was the only one willing to hear his version. To say he believed him was a bit strong. But Pierre wanted to think Lewis wouldn't hurt Delilah like that.

So, if Delilah refused talk to him via text, he would talk to her face to face.