23. maman les p'tits bateaux ont ils des jambes ?

29.05.2022

Delilah couldn't believe it. The checkered flag was waved just minutes ago and she was still beaming with pride.

She was proud of Charles for he managed to secure P3 after a tough race and a lot of pressure from the Red Bull of Verstappen. He was smiling so brightly and laughing with Pierre and Charlotte it almost made her wish he had won the race.

She was obviously disappointed for Max as she knew he was not satisfied by his fourth position, but he drove like a lion and managed to overtake 3 other drivers after a terrible pit stop. She had comforted him the moment he had stepped into the motor home. He was obviously disappointed but was still enjoying the points he won.

Daniel had started on pole that day. It was a surprise for everyone, especially for him. Delilah was proud of him on Saturday and even prouder when he managed to finish second on Sunday. He had engulfed her into a bone crushing hug. Mr. Million dollar smile lived up to his nackname that day. He was absolutely glowing.
Delilah could see how Florence was looking at him. Her heart broke a little for her best friend.
Lando on the other hand looked devastated after he hit the wall, forcing him to DNF.

The moment the checkered flag was waved, she had rushed out of the Red Bull hospitality. She was afraid to seem ungrateful but she had to congratulate her friends and Red Bull knew that it was going to happen anyway.
She had run to the Mercedes motor home to hug George for his fifth position. She was so proud of him!
When Lewis finally entered the motor home, he was smiling so widely it warmed her entire body. He thanked every single person he saw on his way to his teammate and the girl he so clearly loved. He could see her beaming, her cheeks red from smiling so much. Once he reached them, he congratulated George before engulfing the singer into a hug. She kept congratulating him and praising his driving. He had started in seventh position but had driven fantastically. Delilah had to admit he was the one she was looking for on the screens of the hospitality.

She still remembered how defeated he was when they came back from Qualification yesterday after he had secured P7 for the next day. He had told her that maybe it was because he was too old since the car felt great and that maybe he should retire at the end of the year. She had patiently listened to him and when they reached his apartment, she started to cook him dinner to try and change his mind. Before going to sleep, Delilah had once again praised him and his career, told him he was one of the best drivers and assured him that no matter what his results were tomorrow, the people that cared would still be proud of him.

But now, none of that doubt was to be seen on Lewis' face. After crossing the finish line and securing P1, he had looked for the French girl. He wanted her to see him win and to be proud of him. And God was she proud of him. She could kiss him right now.

But she didn't, she hugged him at tight as she could mumbling praises and compliments in the crook of his neck. God he wanted to kiss her.

He had wanted to tell her his feelings all week long but always stopped. He feared she didn't love him like he did. He was afraid of losing her and never seeing her again.

They pulled away and smiled at each other.

Instagram

delilahjones posted in their story