CHAPTER 26

How is he real?

That is the question that has been in Jiyeon's mind as soon as they started walking down the empty street. Hand in hand.

Her smile widened, loving the warmth feeling of his hand. She looked at the man walking next to her.

How is he real?

The question began repeating in her head once again.

Jungwon is perfect in Jiyeon's eyes. That's why she cannot help but to ask how the man could be so real?

He is beautiful inside and out. He is someone you would wish to have, a man you would not think that actually exist. And Jiyeon is so glad to have him by her side, she is grateful that the universe let her have him.

He's one of a kind.

"I'm melting under your gaze, lady Min. "

Jungwon looked at her, meeting her eyes that's looking at him. Admiration is very visible in her eyes causing him to smile.

"I apologise, I just can't help it. I can't believe you're real. " she answered truthfully. "That this is real. "

He lifted their hands and cocked a brow. "This? "

A shade of pink made its appearance in Jiyeon's cheeks, causing her to face the other side. She cleared her throat.

Jungwon chuckled. "I can't believe it too. " he says afterward.

They stopped in a park as Jungwon let Jiyeon sit on the bench next to the lamppost.

"I can't believe that out of all men exist in this town, why me? " he sat next to her and faced her.

"Why not you? " instead of answering him, Jiyeon replied with a question which pulled a string to the other.

Jungwon did not answer and Jiyeon took that as an opportunity to continue. "Instead of asking me why you, let me ask you. Why not you? "

"I have nothing, lady Min. I have nothing to offer to you. I'm just a nobody, I don't have a great background, no family, I'm not wealthy. "

Jiyeon silently listened. She did not interrupt him even though she badly wanted to voice out her disagreement with what he said.

"Unlike them. " he added. "I can't guarantee the future you deserve, the life you deserve. "

Jiyeon wanted to smile upon hearing what he said. Though she refrained herself and just look at the night sky above them instead.

Her heart dancing with its own rhythm as her mind filled with the thoughts related with what Jungwon said.

So he thought about my future? He cares about my future?

She looked at him.

"Are those even matter? " she asked, glancing at him. "Because for me, it doesn't. I don't care about your background, if you're wealthy or not. As long as you're next to me, that's what matters. "

"I don't care the future, my future you're saying that I deserve. I don't mind living in the street if it's the only way to be with you. "