20

"Hi," Hyunjin beamed as Seungmin opened the front door for him, the boy quickly stepping to the side so he could come in.

Seungmin waited patiently next to the elder as he slipped off his shoes and set his backpack against the wall. "I got some snacks at the convenience store around the corner," he started before showing the plastic bag he was holding, "I remember you said something last week about a brand of chips you liked so I got them."

A smile spread across Seungmin's face when he heard Hyunjin's words, happy that he listened to every word so intently no matter how few there were. "Thank you," he whispered.

"Hello Hyunjin," Mrs Kim spoke when she passed through the living room, no longer feeling any shock when she saw her son's friend. The nervousness about Seungmin having friends over quickly dissipated when Mrs Kim saw the boy almost as much as she saw her own son. The boys were basically attached at the hip—and if it were anybody else in the world, she might have had a problem with it, but she'd never seen her son look at somebody so fondly. "Im going to be in my room reading if you two need anything, alright?" She asked.

The two boys nodded in sync, Hyunjin sent her a quick thumbs up before explaining, "We're just going to watch a movie tonight. I might be here a little later than normal if that's okay with you?"

"It's okay with me—but just because it isn't a school night," she agreed firmly, a quick smile flashing across her face before she said a final, "okay—you two have fun, I'll get out of your way now."

"Did you think about what movie you wanted to watch yet?" Hyunjin asked as him and Seungmin headed towards the couch.

Seungmin sat down on the couch stiffly with his hands shoved under his thighs. He shook his head and muttered, "I wanted to pick together."

After turning on the tv and opening Netflix, Seungmin handed the remote over to Hyunjin and finally let himself lean back onto the cushion behind him. Hyunjin clicked his way into the move section before saying, "just tell me if you see something."

It took eight minutes for the boys to pick a movie. Seungmin knew the exact amount of time because he had been more focused on the clock in the corner of the tv than actually helping Hyunjin pick something.

Hyunjin let out a small breath as he set the remote down next to him and finally let himself lean back. Just when he was beginning to relax, Seungmin jumped off the couch and darted across the room to turn off the overhead light, quickly moving to turn on a lamp. His eyebrows furrowed together and he held up a thumbs up.

Hyunjin quickly nodded, "Thats perfect."

The two sat in silence for some time, both of them focused on the movie playing. After awhile, Seungmin started to feel almost too tired to keep his eyes open. He would never admit it to the elder, but most nights he was asleep by nine-thirty but now it was going on ten.

But of course, Hyunjin didn't need to be told Seungmin was tired because he could tell the second he looked over at the boy. He had hooded eyes and every few second his head bob down only shoot back up.

Just as the elder opened his mouth to say something, Seungmin's head fell to the side, landing on his shoulder. He quickly forgot what he was going to say and simply hoped the boy couldn't hear his quickened heartbeat.

✨✨✨

A gasp flew from Seungmin's lips as he shot up into a sitting position, his head whipping from side to side.

"Hey," he heard Hyunjin say from beside him, "you're okay...it's just me and you, the movies almost over."

Seungmin slowly nodded, slowly leaning back against the elder. "Ok..." he whispered before wrapping his arms around Hyunjin's, interlocking their hands.

"Okay?" Hyunjin asked again, a small smile resting on his lips as he reached his free hand out to push the hair out of Seungmin's eyes. He could hear the boy's rapid breathing and feel his incessant heart beating against his arm, yet the younger still nodded.

Letting his eyes shut, Seungmin took a deep breath and tried to let himself relax once again. Hyunjin didn't say anything else, knowing there was really nothing left for them to talk about at that moment. Instead, he only squeezed Seungmin's hand.

But as the minutes passes, Hyunjin found himself growing too tired to watch the movie. He laid his head delicately on top of Seungmin's and decided there was no harm in closing his eyes for just a moment.

Of course one moment turned into a few moments until Hyunjin found himself deep asleep next to Seungmin. And that's how the two stayed for the rest of the night, asleep together on the couch in Seungmin's living room as Netflix cycled through movies that nobody was awake to watch.

✨✨✨

"Honey!" Mr Kim hissed as he stumbled into his bedroom, almost sending himself tumbling across the floor over absolutely nothing.

"What—what?" The woman spat, her head shooting up at the noise. She slid the book off her lap and send her husband a smile, trying to pretend as if she hadn't fallen asleep reading hours ago.

"The...the living room."

"What about the living room?" A frustrated sigh fell from his lips before he walked over and grabbed her arm, nearly pulling the woman out of bed before she could get up.

He pulled her out to the living room and stopped in front of the couch, gesturing to the sight in front of them.

"Oh—" she started softly, a small smile flickering across the woman's face, "they fell asleep."

"They're holding hands," the man grumbled.

Sending her husband a dirty look, Mrs Kim asked, "what about it, huh? I don't see anything wrong with this—I actually think it's great that Seungmin can be so peaceful while being so close to somebody."

"Well...there's nothing wrong with it, honey, it's just a shock to me that's all."

She hummed, "Yeah now let's go to bed—I don't want to wake them up."

———
Thanks for reading