41

A content sigh fell from Hyunjin's lips as he walked into his home room and saw Seungmin back in his assigned seat. Picking up his pace, he hurried towards the back of the classroom and slid into the empty chair next to his boyfriend.

"Good morning~" he said happily.

Seungmin turned to look at Hyunjin and sent him a warm smile. "Hi," he responded quietly.

With arms linked Felix and Jisung skipped over to their table before Hyunjin could say anything else.

"Hey guys," Jisung greeted excitedly, "does this mean things are good?"

Although he was the one who cried to his friends about the situation in the first place, Hyunjin was in no mood to explain himself. "Yes. We're fine," he answered flatly.

"Y'know...me and Jisung we're just talking and we miss hanging out with you, Seungmin."

Seungmin nodded as he looked up at the two, waiting for Felix to make his point.

"Can we hang out with you tonight? Please~"

The youngest turned to glance at Hyunjin who only shrugged and muttered, "up to you."

"Okay," he spoke at last.

"We're going to have so much fun!" Felix beamed.

Grabbing Felix's arm, Jisung sent Seungmin a thumbs up before dragging his table mate over to their spot when the teacher walked into the room.

The classroom fell silent for some time as they listen to Ms Jessi teach. At the halfway point of the class period, she gave the class some time to work on their assignment.

"Y'know...you don't have to say yes to those two all the time."

Seungmin glanced over at Hyunjin and smiled when he saw the pout resting on his lips. "I...like them," he whispered.

A groan came from the elder. "You're my escape, Seungmin. I have to see them all the time—but you, I'd never get tired of you." 

Blushing at his words, Seungmin reached out and pushed Hyunjin's face so he was no longer looking at him. Before he could pull away, however, Hyunjin grabbed the younger's hand and held it in his own.

They sat for a few quiet moments until Seungmin tired to pull his hand away from his boyfriend, muttering a quiet, "give me that back."

When he finally freed himself from Hyunjin's hold, he rummaged through his backpack, looking for something specific. He found the folded piece of paper he was searching for and gestured for the boy next to him to take it.

"What is it?"

Seungmin only blinked at the question. Reaching past the elder, he placed it on the table in front of him.

"Ok—I'll just read it then," mumbled Hyunjin almost dejectedly after being ignored...although his question wasn't the most inquisitive. 

On the piece of paper, his name was written out in Seungmin's small handwriting. When he unfolded it, he saw almost half a page of writing.

Hyunjin,
You said you wanted me to write love letters to you, but I'm not really sure how to do that. I've never written a love letter so I'll just start with a regular letter. Well not even a letter really...just my thoughts.

I write a lot in my journal. I have since it happened. I guess It's a way to cope because sometimes it feels like there's just so much going on in my head. Lately I've been thinking a lot about you and me. Well I think about you quite often but that makes sense because we're dating. Sometimes I get really frustrated with myself because there's a lot that I want to say when I'm with you but it doesn't end up coming out. When we're together, speaking doesn't hurt as much as it used to but there can be times when I just can't say what I want to. I think when it's just you and me, there are moments where I completely forget about what happened.

I don't really know how to end a love letter...or any kind of letter but I just hope this doesn't feel too random. Maybe doing this can make up for the things I can't get out when we're together.

Seungmin.

✨✨✨

After a few competitive rounds of uno and a lot of gossip about boyfriends, Jisung and Felix headed out for the night since they all had school in the morning. Hyunjin of course wanted to stay with Seungmin for a big longer.

The elder worked on picking up the cards scattered across the table as Seungmin sat on the couch with his knees held tightly against his chest, a thousand things running through his mind.

"Are you tired?"

Seungmin only shook his head before sending the boy a soft smile.

"You're not tired..." Hyunjin stated as he set the closed box of cards down on the table, turning to sit back town next to Seungmin on the couch, "does that mean you're thinking about something?"

"'m always thinking," he hummed.

"I know that...I'm just asking if there's anything in specific. I'm trying to give you the opportunity to say those things you want to say."

An almost embarrassed smile crept onto Seungmin's face as he whispered, "you read it."

"You watched me read it."

"I am."

Hyunjin raised an eyebrow at the younger's words. "I am?" He questioned.

"...thinking...about something in...specific."

"Do you want to tell me what it is?"

Seungmin shook his head. Instead, he turned so he was facing the elder and closed the gap on the couch between them. He grabbed one of Hyunjin's hands and brought it up to rest on the side of the face.

"What?" Giggled Hyunjin. Although he was beyond confused, he let his hand rest on Seungmin's cheek, rubbing his thumb gently over his soft skin. He didn't get a response from the boy. But he could tell Seungmin was conflicted by something because of his furrowed eyebrows and the way he trembled ever so gently.

Some time passed. Neither of them were too sure how long. It could've been seconds...minutes...or even hours before Seungmin finally moved. When he found the comfort he was searching for, Seungmin finally leaned forward and hesitantly pressed his lips against Hyunjin's.

His first instinct was to pull away out of sheer embarrassment when he didn't feel Hyunjin kiss him back. Before he could do so, the elders hand slid from the side of his face to cradle the back of his head, finally letting his own lips move against Seungmin's.

When they parted, Seungmin couldn't raise his head. It was hard to tell if he was embarrassed...or simply overwhelmed by something so new. He opted, instead, to let himself rest in the crook of Hyunjin's neck.

"Are you okay?" Hyunjin nearly whispered.

Seungmin nodded against his chest. He was okay.

———
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed :)