32

"What do you mean you have to leave in an hour? It's a fucking Saturday," Chan hissed.

Hyunjin held his hands up in from of him defensively before shooting back, "Seungmin is coming over to my house for dinner—I want to be there with a little extra time."

"So you can look cute for your boyfriend~" Felix teased.

After glaring at Felix, Hyunjin turned back to his eldest friend and clarified, "we're not dating."

Somewhere behind him, Felix and Jisung broke out in a fit of giggles. Once the two recovered from their laugher, Jisung added, "you went on a date with him—doesn't that basically mean you're dating?"

"No."

"Why not?" Minho asked quietly, deciding to do something other than observe the arguing between his friends and boyfriend.

A dramatic huff came from deep down in Hyunjin's chest when he heard Minho's question. "Listen—it's complicated, okay? I don't know what he's comfortable with and I just don't want to go around calling him my boyfriend if he isn't sure he wants to be my boyfriend."

"Do you want him to be your boyfriend?"

"Duh," Jeongin answered for the elder, "why would you think for a second he doesn't want Seungmin to be his boyfriend?"

"I wanna meet this kid," Changbin grumbled, "I feel like everybody but me has met him."

"I haven't."

"Me either."

Hyunjin turned and looked between the three eldest boys, letting out a soft hum. "He's sweet," he spoke as if that was the answer to all of their questions about this mystery boy.

"Can we meet him?"

A silence fell over the ground while Minho and Hyunjin stared at each other. Hyunjin hesitantly shook his head and shot Minho an apologetic smile. "I don't think so...no," he mumbled, "this is a big group and you guys get loud—and yeah I don't think it would be a good idea."

"You act like he's a baby..." Chan whispered as he shook his head.

"He's not a baby," defended the boy quickly, "not everybody functions the same way, Chan."

There was a tension that seemed to be filling the room which gave Felix an uneasy feeling. "Guys," he urged.

When the group continued their own bickering instead of paying attention to Felix, Changbin repeated what he said a little louder. "Guys," he spat, gesturing towards Felix when they all looked at him.

"We can stop talking about Seungmin, okay? Hyunjin has to leave soon so let's just play just dance or something."

✨✨✨

"Hi honey," Mrs Kim greeted warmly as she opened the door to see Seungmin standing in front of her.

The boy quickly bowed to the woman before slipping inside and out of his shoes.

"Hyunjin's just in his room if you want to go find him," she clarified when she saw the boy looking around the living room curiously.

He nodded, just standing there for a few seconds before bowing once again and scurrying out of the room.

Walking down the hallway towards Hyunjin's room, Seungmin counted the doors on each side, stopping at the third door located on the right side of the hall. He knocked softly on the wooden surface.

"Oh—" Hyunjin breathed out when he opened the door, "I thought you were going to be my mom."

He hummed at Hyunjin's words and stepped past the boy into his messy room, making a beeline for Kkami asleep on his bed.

"Are you here for me or the dog?"

As Seungmin turned around with a wide smile on his face and Kkami sitting happily in his arms, Hyunjin suddenly forgot all about his jealously.

"You didn't come to school on Friday," Hyunjin continued as of Seungmin had no idea of his own actions.

"I was...tired," Seungmin whispered.

"Too tired to see me?"

A scowl rested on the younger's lips as he shook his head.

"I missed you—it isn't fun spending a whole day alone with Jisung and Felix. Especially a Friday."

The scowl on Seungmin's face was quickly replaced with a smile when he heard Hyunjin say I missed you. A blush tinted his cheeks before he quietly asked, "you...you missed me?"

"Of course I missed you," Hyunjin answered speedily, barely giving Seungmin enough time to finish speaking, "it makes my day so much better to see you first hour."

Seungmin felt as if his cheeks were on fire. He took a step backwards and sat down on the edge of Hyunjin's bed, scared he would've fallen over otherwise.

Walking over to sit on the opposite corner of the bed, Hyunjin didn't say anything. He only looked over at Seungmin, noticing how his eyes were suddenly glued to the dog still in his lap.

It seemed like Seungmin could feel Hyunjin's eyes on him. He slowly lifted his head and sent the elder a shy smile. Flirting was new. Well—if it was possible to even call something as minimal as an I missed you flirting. But at any rate, he still felt nervous.

He wasn't an uncomfortable nervous—the younger was simply terrified he would say the wrong thing.

"My friends keep calling you my boyfriend," Hyunjin admitted, finally breaking the speechlessnesses between them.

"What," there was a long pause while Seungmin searched for the words hidden in his throat, "do you say?"

A soft sigh fell from Hyunjin's lips before he said, "I told them that I don't want to call you my boyfriend unless I know that you want to be my boyfriend."

When Kkami got off his lap and walked across the bed to lay by herself, Seungmin pulled his knees up to his chest. "If I do?" He whispered so faintly Hyunjin hardly noticed he spoke at all.

"If you do..." repeated the elder just as quietly. He took some time to think until a small smile rose to his lips. "I think nothing has ever made me this happy before so I wouldn't really know how to feel."

A laugh slipped out of Seungmin before he whispered, "So?"

"So—will you be my boyfriend?"

Seungmin nodded rapidly to answer his question. He knew exactly what Hyunjin was talking about—he'd never felt this happy before either.

Their moment of silence didn't last long, however, as Mrs Kim pushed open the door and called out a sweet, "it's time for dinner, boys."

TBC
———
Thanks for reading