CHAPTER-XI

Shantivan,
Arshi's room,
Morning,

Both Arnav and Khushi were sleeping cuddling each other Khushi's face was in the crook of his neck and Arnav's hands were rounded around Khushi's waist. Arnav was the first to wake up. He opened his eyes and the view gave him serenity. Khushi was sleeping so cutely like a little baby snuggled in the crook of his neck. She was wearing Arnav's hoodie and it was over-sized for her. She was looking like a baby. Arnav first detangled himself from Khushi and gave her a kiss on her forehead. For him Khushi was his first child his bundle of joy his reason of living. She was the one who taught him to live. She is the blessing of his mumma to him. She is the redemption DM sent him for all the atrocities he suffered in his life. He promised himself to always love her pamper her protect her and be faithful to her. Khushi slowly stirred in her sleep the sun rays disturbing her and slowly opened her eyes. Arnav was mesmerized seeing her how cute and adorable she was looking rubbing her eyes to remove the itchiness and sleep.

Arnav; Good morning Shona
Khushi; Good Morning Arnie
Arnav; Baby do you feel pain anywhere? Are you fine?
Khushi; Arnie baba am fine am not feeling pain but just a little sore in my abdomen.
Arnav; Ek kaam karte hai let's take a hot bath then you will feel better hm?
Khushi; Hmm

Then they both go to the bathroom Arnav carrying Khushi and keeps her in the bathtub brings all their essentials and then he himself sits in the bathtub. He is laying on the edge and Khushi's back touching his front. They are just laying there silently no words exchanged just peace serenity. Arnav is now bathing her. After washing her hair they sit for sometime and then when Arnav feels the water going cold he urges Khushi to get up. He then dries Khushi with a towel and puts a bathrobe on her then he dries himself as well putting on a bathrobe. They then come out wearing their clothes. Arnav is wearing a white Tee and Khushi is wearing a crop top and high waist jeans mangalsutra and a gold chain given by her parents in her neck her engagement cum promise ring in her left hand and a platinum bracelet in her right which was gifted to her by Arnav on their marriage.

Khushi; Arnav shall we go to the police station? I know you won't get peace till you don't know the reason why Anjali did this and after that there is also a thing which I want to show you but after we return from police station.
Arnav; What's the thing Jaan? Can we not go I don't wanna see her face it reminds me of the time she tried to harm you and it brings in a constant fear that she will harm you and take you away from me.
Khushi; Shh nothing of that sort will happen and you know I don't like to cause you pain but it is important for your long term happiness. I know that you won't feel at ease without a closure.
Arnav; Hmm as you say. I will go till you are with me.

Both Arnav and Khushi then go to the police station. Anjali is there in the jail sitting down on the cold hard floor murmuring something to herself. Arnav is shocked after seeing her in this condition. He calls her....

Arnav; Anjali...

Anjali is in her own world not even bothered to respond to her brother or we can say she isn't even able to hear what he is saying. She doesn't know what and all is happening in the world. She is just lost here. Arnav can't see her like this as according to him she is his precious sister but there is something hidden here which will bring a twist and change all the relations.

Arnav; Anjali
Anjali; Chhote aap aa gaye... Kitni raah dekhi maine aapki kitna miss kiya maine aapko. Aapko pata hai woh.... woh Shyam dhokhebaaz nikla dhokha diya usne mujhe. Kitni saari ladkiyon ke sath... Chee ghin aati hai mujhe yeh kehte hue...!
Arnav; Anjali, relax I know jo bhii hua was not right but tumne jo kiya woh bhi sahi nahi tha akrosh mei aa kar tum meri patni meri khushi ko chhot pohochana chahti thi.... kya galti thi uss bechari ki inn sab mei... usse kyu? Uske sath kyu kiya aisa? Usse kuch ho jaata toh kya karta mai...!
Anjali; Chhote hume maaf kar dijiye hum nahi karna chahte they par.... par pata nahi uss samay gusse mei kuch samajh hii nahi aaya sab kuch laal dikhne laga tha aisa laga jaise yeh sab khushi ki wajah se ho raha hai sab chhiin gaya mujhse tum mera pati mera parivaar yaha tak ke mera baccha bhii..... Pagal ho gayi thi mai mujhe nahi pata kya ho raha tha uss samay.
Arnav; Dekho Anjali tumne yeh gunah kiya hai iski maafi toh nahi milegi tumhe mujhse iski sazaa toh kaatni hii hogi tumhe par mai madad karunga tumhari tumhe psychiatrist ki zaroorat hai tum yahi se apni treatment shuru rakhogi. Bus isse aage mai kuch nahi kar sakta..... Yeh mai mamma ko diye hue promise ke liye kar raha hoon. Mujhse firse tumhara woh purana bhai banne ki umeed mat karna kho diya hai tumne usse.....