A drift between us

*It takes place when Fallon's in coma*

~~~

Liam's POV

Life without Fallon was miserable. I never realized just how much she meant to me.

Then there was this guilt. Eating away at my chest. On the other hand, there was the incomplete anger. I didn't know what to feel, or what to do. I was going nuts.

But more than anything, I wanted Fallon okay. Well and alive. I wanted her back.

I kept pushing her away. The break took everything in me and my heart cried for her. And when we finally were getting better, this Collin had to come between. But seeing Fallon get shot, bleeding on the floor of La Mirage, it was the most horrible sight to ever haunt me. I was paranoid after that.

But my insecurities and trust issues pushed Fallon away once more when she was discharged out of the hospital.

I denied her a kiss. A damned kiss? And now there's chance that I'd never be able to kiss her again.

More tears spewed down my eyes and I stifled another sob.

"Just come back to me." I whispered, holding her hand and kissing the back of it.

I couldn't believe how I managed to let a third person come between us and destroy us.

How did I trust Eva over my love? I'm such a horrible person.

~~~

Fallon has returned home and was doing apparantly okay for now. My eyes never left her alone. I wanted to make sure she didn't do anything haste and get herself sick again.

The tension was still there between us. Since my constant denial, Fallon probably decided to give me space as she didn't attempt anything. It hurt me although I was the one who pushed her away.

Two days after the discharge, I walked to the pool side and saw her sitting on the swing, a juice glass in her hand as she sipped at it, looking around in a calm manner.

It amused me. I've never seen her this peaceful and calm. Not bothering about work and Fallon Unlimited. She looked so beautiful.

I walked to her and sat down beside her. She glanced at me and smiled softly.

"Hey."

"Hey." I smiled back.

"Want some?" She offered me the glass.

I shook my head and coughed a little, clearing my throat to prepare myself for the inevitable.

"Fal, I wanted to talk to you."

This made her shift on her place before she put the glass away and took a deep breath.

"It's okay, Liam. I'll file the divorce and you'll be free. You don't need to stick around just because I was shot. I get that you were angry and I understand you need-"

I shushed her by placing my lips on hers. She stayed frozen for a second but then kissed me back. I cupped her face and kissed her deeply before pulling away and looking in her dazzling blue eyes.

"I don't wanna ever leave you, Fallon. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

She looked surprised and then a small smile grazed her lips. She placed her hands on top of mine, closing her eyes and enjoying the feeling of my palms against her cheeks.

"But you said you can never forgive me."

"I almost lost you twice! Twice!" I breathed deeply, remembering those painful moments I spent without her, "I won't lose you again. Of course, I forgive you. I love you."

We both had now tears in our eyes.

"I love you too and I'm so sorry. I promise I'd never sway like that ever again."

She hugged me tightly while I kissed the side of her head.

"I know."

~~~

A/N:-

I just finished season 4 last night and it was so sad when Liam couldn't be angry and loving at the same time. I felt him. Bitch Eva's gone, finally!