Prologue

3rd person pov:

4 year old Athena walks up the stairs to the third floor of her house where her father has been working non stop. Anyone could see he has become more stressed lately. For good reason, he had been getting threats from another mafia against his little girl and his mafia.

Walking down the long corridor, no sound but Athena's tiny feet hitting the wooden floor could be heard.

Finally she makes it to his offices, standing on her tippy toes to open the door.

"Hello." Athena announces softly standing next to her fathers chair. He hadn't noticed she had come in making jump in surprise.

"My little bambina, what are you doing in here?" He questions softly whilst picking her up and placing her on his lap.

"I missded you papa." Athena remarks in her little baby voice instantly making Silas' heart melt.

"I missed you too baby girl but, I have lot of work to do." Silas says sighing making Athena furrow her eye brows at him.

"You're working too much papa. Tell all the people to go away, you need a vacation." Silas chuckled at his daughters statement while getting out of his chair still holding his tightly, hugging her.

"If only it were that easy my love." Walking to the door of his office he sets Athena down outside the door. "I'm sorry baby but I really have to focus on this work, it's really important. Please find mama or go play in your room. I love you and I'll see you later okay?"

Athena looks her father in the eyes as he looks into her beautiful brown ones that she shares with his wife Luna.

"Okay papa, but you'll tuck me in for bed sí?" Athena questions making Silas smile.

"Of course baby, I'll see you in an hour to tuck you in for bed."

"Pinkie promise?" She holds out her littlest finger for him.

"I pinkie promise." They link their fingers and kiss their interlinked hands before parting.

With this promise Athena gives her father one last cheeky smile before running down the hallway to the stairs and then down her bedroom hallway, then straight into her room to go back to her colouring.

What she didn't expect to was the man waiting for her in her closet, Athena hadn't noticed the now cracked open closet door.

One thing you should know about the DiAngelo house is that all the bedrooms and offices are sound proof, so as soon as Athena had closed her bedroom door the man made his presence known to the little girl.

"Hello Athena." The man said with a evil smile plastered on his face.

Athena whipped her head around to see a very tall man coming out of her closet with a cloth in one hand. The worst part was she knew this man, but something wasn't right.

Instantly the little girl knew there was trouble, so she did the logical thing and tried to run back the the door of the room only for a hand to grab her arm rough enough for a scream to exit Athena's mouth.

"Shut the fuck up you little bitch!" The man yelled at her and placed the cloth over her mouth and nose.

Soon enough Athena's struggling became less and less until she fell limp in the man's arms.

"That's it, close your eyes." And that is exactly what she did.

~~1 hour later~~

Knock knock

"Athena baby are you ready for bed?" Silas, along with his wife and sons are gathered outside the youngest DiAngelo's door waiting for her to answer the door to see her big cheeky smile like they do most nights.

"Maybe she fell asleep already..." the oldest of the children Elijah trails off his sentence when he realises it's probably not the case since Athena never goes to sleeps at night without he family tucking her in. Even if they don't come she'll find them to say goodnight.

"Athena?" Luna her mother knocks on the door. "Baby are you in there?" Still no answer.

Strange.

"Just open the door Silas." Luna sighs knowing it's been a long day for everyone.

Upon opening the door the last thing any of them were expecting was to find the vase that once sat on top her desk now on the floor smashed and the window wide open.

"ATHENA!" Silas yells out for his baby girl, praying she would just come out of her closet or from the bathroom but unfortunately he had no such luck.

Everyone including maids, butlers and mafia men combed every inch of the DiAngelo property looking for the little girl.

Finally after searching one of the tech guys brings Silas and Luna a laptop and what they saw will haunt them forever.

On the laptop they watched on of their most trusted men walk straight into the house and straight into Athena's bedroom. Moments later Athena returns from her visit to see her father, and moments after the pair are seen climbing out the window and getting into a black car.

The man.

One of Silas' most trusted.

His second in command.

Took his baby girl.

~~1 year later~~

For a year the DiAngelo's have not been the same. Their once bright and happy family has turned dim and dark without their youngest. They are incomplete.

Silas found his second in command 6 months ago hiding. It turns out he was working for the German mafia.

Silas, Luna and extended family gathered in torturing the man. But it was to no avail in locating Athena.

He had already murdered the girl...or at least that's what he told her family.

The DiAngelo family were heart broken.

Their beautiful angel was gone.

Well that's what they thought anyway.

It would be years before the truth came out.

And in those years, poor little Athena would have gone through hell and back, coming out the other side plagued by nightmares, covered in scars and becoming one badass women.