9

Athena's Pov:

The sky was still dark when I woke in an unknown bed. I had panicked when I didn't recognise where I was, but the memories of falling asleep in the back of the SUV had me calm down a bit when I realised I must be at their house.

With a sigh I pull back the sheets on the bed and slowly get up. The room was big, simple but pretty. I walked through one of the doors attached to the room, it was a closet.

My mouth went agape at how big it was. You could probably fit a my whole apartment in there.
I looked at myself in the floor length mirror that sat on the wall. I was too skinny, I knew that. I need to eat soon.

I didn't even bother looking at the bruises the cover my body, I already know they are there and an angry purple colour.

Deciding to leave the closet I walk back into the room. There was a TV on the wall. TV sounds good right now.

I take the remote in my hand power it on. They already had Netflix and Disney + ready on it.

Me being me went to Disney +. I turn on 'Black Widow' because Natasha Romanoff is fucking fire.

Also can we talk about Yelena, like I actually love her. I had just started the movie when the door the room was pushed open.

Quickly I paused the movie. Maybe it was too loud or I wasn't allowed to use the TV? There was a boy standing there, he had dark circles under his eyes. I think he was at the restaurant the other day.

He didn't make any move to come in or say anything. I could tell he wanted to but he just look at me. "Y-You can come in if you want." I say quietly, remembering it's still the middle of the night. The boy comes in and stands near the bed awkwardly.

Uhhh okay?

"Umm, I'm gonna watch a movie, you can lay down if you want and watch too." Anyone could tell he needed sleep. If it meant he slept here to get it I didn't care. I know how it feels to want to sleep and not be able to.

Again he didn't say anything, he went back to the door and closed it over a bit, not completely. I tilt my head to the side wondering why. How did he know I didn't like closed/ locked doors. Did he not like them too?

Obviously dumbass.

The boy came back to the bed and got in with me, keeping to one side. I gently pulled the covers over both of us and pressed play on the movie. I gathered he wasn't much of a talker so I talked for the both of us.

I know, no need to thank me.

He listened the whole time and would nod his head to show he was paying attention. "And that is why Yelena should be an avenger." I ended my rant.

The boy was amused by me, the way his eyes lit up as I talked to him. He let out a yawn about half way through the movie, "You can sleep if you want. I don't know if it will help but I'll stay here with you."

He looked into my eyes, a look of happiness. He gave me a single nod of his head before his eye fluttered closed. A moment later I could hear his even breaths. I let the movie play but I was too caught up in my own thoughts to pay attention.

The movie soon came to an end and I started up another one. Iron man 1. By the time that movie finished the sun was rising. I turned towards the window and watched as it came up and poured into the room.

The boy next to me let out a sigh as he sat up in the bed. I turned back around to face him. "Good morning." I gave him a small smile, he had slept for about three hours. He smiled back to me, it was small but a smile none the less.

"Uhh, Ya know, I don't know your name..." I say messing with the ends of my hair. I didn't expect him to answer but to my surprise he did. "Gabriel, my name is Gabriel." His voice was quiet and low.

"Well it's nice to meet you Gabriel. I hope you slept well. So what do we do now?" I look around the room for something to do when Gabriel again talks. "If you want we can make some breakfast." The sounded good to me.

"Hell yeah, show me the way. I absolutely starving." I tell him dramatically, I was really hungry though. We get up out of the bed. It surprised me when he reached for my hand. He immediately retracted it when he realised what he did.

I on the other hand was having none of that. "Not so fast buddy. You see, me and you are friends now, I'm making it official. You listened to my rants about Marvel movies so it's a given that we have to be besties now." I explain as I take his hand back into mine.

I lead us out of the room and then let him lead us the rest of the way to where the kitchen was. We passed many doors and went around many corners. Damn this house was really big. The kitchen was lovely, the counters were a black marble with little bits of glitter in them.

"Okay so what are we making?" All he did was shrug his shoulders. Okay then. I take upon myself to look through the cabinets to see what they had. "Okayyyyy.....so pancakes, bacon annnnddd eggs? What do you think?" I look over to Gabriel who just stands there watching me pull out ingredients.

He gave me the nod of approval so I got to work. I started to pour ingredients and made Gabriel help me. He mixed the batter up as I prepared the bacon and eggs.

I hummed to myself, content with the peacefulness as we cooked together. I could feel Gabriel's eyes watching every move I made while cooking, almost like he was making sure I didn't hurt myself.

We had just finished up plating the food. Gabriel took the plates to the small table that was in the kitchen while I finished pilling the last of the dishes into the dishwasher before starting it. I didn't want to leave a mess.

I grabbed a half full bottle of orange juice from the fridge and Gabriel was over the other side grabbing glasses when a voice spoke. "And what pray tell are you both up to?"