13

Athena's Pov:

Lunch soon ended with the adults going to talk. Leaving all of my brothers and cousins to do whatever. I had just gotten up to leave when my name is said. I turn to see everyone looking to me.

"Hi! I'm Finn as you know. We haven't had the pleasure yet. We were gonna go the game room if you want to come with us." Finn looks like a little puppy dog. Defiantly more of the talker between him and Gabriel.

Maybe I should. Well I need to get to know these people again. "Oh, uh.. Yeah sure. Should be fun right?" With a smile he tries to take my good hand but I step back. "Ti ho detto di non toccarla." Oh Italian, nice. Elijah steps forward to us.

'I told you not to touch her.'

"Oh shit. Sorry I forgot." Finn looks saddened but understands. "It's fine. So where are we going." I hesitantly reach for his hand to show that I'm okay.

He leads the way as the others follow behind us, talking amongst themselves. The game room is massive. It has two levels, a reading nook, cinema area, mini arcade as well as a snack corner and an area to store things like board games. There are even nerf guns there.

"Wow. When you said game room.. This was not what I was expecting." I wonder around for a little while to look at everything. The older ones who are technically adults are just lounging around talking amongst themselves, letting the teens go where ever.

I go off by myself and play one of the arcade games, Pac Man. Some of the games are really vintage looking and others look much newer. I take a picture and send it to Atlas. I manage to give him an update on what was going on.

He is being supportive which all I can ask from him.

MapMan🗺️:

Fuuckk! That look so cool. Where the hell are you?

Me:
At the bio's house.
...I think it's their house.
Actually I have no idea who's house this is.
*sends location*

MapMan🗺️:

I'll look into it for ya babe.😉

Me:
Thank you xx

"Athena, come join, we are going to play a game." I look up to see one of my cousins beckoning me over to where the rest are. Everyone is gathered around with a board game out. I sit in between Marcus and Elijah who smirk are everyone else triumphantly.

"I'm not really a board game type of person. You guys play, I'll watch." Shrugging it looks like it's only the younger teens playing and somehow roping a few of the older guys into it also , but I think they are all children at heart and really just want to play and win.

I pull my legs up to my chest as I watch them all play. It's quit entertaining to watch, they all keep bickering back and forth about cheating. Elijah and Marcus go back to their conversation talking in Italian.

My Italian is rusty. I haven't spoke it in year, since I was small. Which makes a lot more sense to me now. Marcus puts his arm around the back of the couch we are sitting on so I lean back into him.

I hadn't notice that they stopped talking when I moved, my attention remained focused on the two idiots arguing over a game piece that broke. Marcus pull me more into him so my head was on his chest and I was curled up into him with his arm around me.

He and Elijah we back to their conversation again. Not even a few moments later I found my eyes starting to droop as I listened to his heart beat. A hand brushed through my hair lulling me farther into darkness until I fall asleep.

~~~

My eyes flash open as a whimper leaves the throat. "Shh, sorry bambina." I am on the couch still only I realise Marcus is holding me in his lap with his hands wrapped around me. Elijah is beside us on the couch and Silas is kneeled down in front of us with my hand in his.

I wiggle and try to get out of Marcus' grip but he isn't budging. "Hold on Angel, you need a shot." Silas says as referring to the insulin shot he holds in his left hand.

With a frown I turn my head away and let him carry on. A quick pinch and done. Marcus finally releases me so I stand and go to exit the room, noticing we were the only ones still in here. "Hold on Athena I want to talk to you about something."

Silas beckons me back to the couch. With a grumpy frown on my face I begrudgingly walk back over and sit in between Elijah and Marcus. "This really can't be a long term solution for your diabetes. I discussed with Gio the options that there are and he has a solution. Meaning needles would be less frequent and you could check you glucose level on you phone."

Yeah the doctor wanted me to get that originally but it was too expensive to maintain. I shake my head and interject. "I can't afford that, why do you think I only have the basics?" A look of sadness and confusion washed over his, along with my brothers faces.

"You are my child and I will do what is best for you. This isn't negotiable, it's for your health. The new equipment will arrive in a few days." Silas' voice remains gentle yet firm the whole time he talks.

I'm not going to win this argument so I sigh and nod. "Anything else?" My voice is small and quiet when I ask. "We will be going home in a few days also. So just be prepared I'll let you know when later on."

So this isn't their house. He must see my confusions. "Baby we don't live here. We were in town for business and to see family. We live in Italy, that is where home is. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner it slipped my mind."

"I have to move to Italy?" Shocking sadness could be depicted in the tone of my voice as I think about leaving the only home I've ever known. I would have to leave Atlas. "Yes love." With a nod I get up from the couch and walk out of the door, down the hall and into the room that isn't actually mine.