15

Athena's Pov:

I woke up early the next morning before any of my brothers, whom were still asleep in the bed. I packed up the rest of my things and got ready for the day, wearing my Converse, baggy black sweatpants and a t-shirt that Atlas had gotten my for my birthday.

I braided parts of my hair and left the rest down and left the room. Dawn was only begging to show in the sky when I was walking down the stairs and into the kitchen. Deciding to make waffles, I pull out all the ingredients and started to cook.

About halfway through making the waffle Silas strolls into the kitchen still in sleep pants and a black t-shirt. He came over and kissed my forehead then went and made a cup of coffee.

I had made a few extra waffles when I saw him eyeing me. I didn't know if he was hungry or just watching what I was doing either way I decided safe than sorry.

Putting some fruit and powdered sugar on top I set a plate in front of Silas which he smiled gratefully at me for and dug in. We ate in silence, him scrolling on his phone, me just thinking about what my new life will be like in Italy.

A knock on the door drew both of our attentions and a moment later a man walked into the kitchen holding a parcel, giving it directly to Silas who took a moment to read where the parcel came from then giving a nod of approval then dismissing the man.

I eyed the package as I shoved the final bite of waffle into my mouth. "It looks like your new insulin supplies have arrived." Silas told me as he opened the box. He took out all the supplies then telling me this was only a small order and that he had placed a bigger one that would be delivered to the home in Italy.

I looked through all the supplies getting familiar with them as Silas read through the instructions. He read the whole thing front to back, it seemed to take forever but with a final nod he put the pamphlet down.

He started to open packages and other supplies after he washed his hands. Looks like we are doing this now. I took the chance to look at the instructions too so that I could do it on my own. Silas followed the directions to the T.

I watched as he explained how everything worked to me, what to do if the device gets broken or is accidently removed before it needs to be. Silas put the device the was sticky on one side on my upper arm.

There was a quick pinch the made me jerk a little but it was nothing compared to having an insulin shot. There were two devices, one monitored my glucose levels and the other was filled with insulin for when I needed it. They were both placed one on each arm.

"I have one more thing for you." Silas pulls a bracelet that is engraved. "It's a medical alert bracelet that I want you to wear at all times. I got you a rubber one also in case you need a waterproof one."

I thank him for everything. Honestly the bracelet is a good idea if something happens, but I also don't want everyone knowing about the diabetes.

When everything is set up Silas tells me that he and Luna as well as my brother have access to the app that monitors my glucose levels. He says it's just precautions, I think he is over worrying. I mean, I've survived this long with the bare minimum.

I hope all the over protectiveness dies down a little as we get to know each other more.

A few more hours pass when the rest of the family join us, all ready with their luggage and mine. The man from earlier, as well as a few others take the bags and load them into a car. Everyone says their goodbyes to Luna, Finn and I.

Finn wormed his way into coming with Luna and I so I can see Atlas before we leave for Italy. I sit in the back with Finn as Luna and the driver take the front seats. I keep my sights on the passing buildings and trees until we turn into the familiar part of town where Atlas lives.

"You know, Italy isn't that bad. I hated when we moved there, granted I was young, really young but, I didn't start to warm up to it until a couple months in. I missed everything here... until I didn't." Finn looks from his phone to continue talking to me.

"Our school is amazing and our you'll make a bunch of friends. You'll meet our friends too. Kaden, Gabriel and I all basically share a big friend group that you'll no doubt be apart of now. We can show you all the best restaurants and other things. It may take time to get use to, to feel comfortable with all the changes but I have a feeling you will love it as much as I have come to."

Finn's words stick with me. Italy is new, unknown. But it doesn't have to be bad. I think after everything maybe I deserve a fresh start, a chance to explore who I am, instead of worrying about paying off debts and bills.

I can go back to school, have friends, go to a fricken restaurant that I don't have to work at. These past few day have been about settling in, avoiding the scum who think I owe them a debt. About finding peace that this shouldn't have been my life.

That someone stole the life I was supposed to have and gave me trauma, nightmares, scars and enough need for therapy to fill up a god damn notebook.