29

Athena's Pov:

Silas walks around the island until he is standing in front of me. Looking me up and down his expression softens. "What happened to my daughter?" I open my mouth to speak but Finn beats me to it.

"She tripped on the way to class." I back up what he is saying. "It's true." I nod my head when he looks at me.

"I see." Silas leans down and kisses the top of my head. "No more getting hurt. Si?" I give him an innocent smile and nod.

"Well then if that's everything I'm going to head up to do some homework." I just off the counter and start walking away. By the time I get to my room the weight of the day hits me full force. 

"Ughhh." Throwing myself on the bed I flick off my shoes and pull the big fluffy throw blanket over top of me. "Maybe a little criminal minds will cheer me up." I mumble to myself. Ten minutes in and I've fallen asleep. 

I'm woken up by a hand running through my hair. "Athena. Dinner time." I open my eye and see Elijah there sitting by the bed. "Okay." I mumble but make no attempt to move. I don't argue when he doesn't try to wake me again but instead takes the blanket off me and picks me up into his arms.

"Long day hm?" I nod my head and snuggle into him more. His chest vibrates with a laugh as he walks down the stairs. When the smell of food hits me I peak my eye open, the last person I expected to see was Miles sitting there looking at me like I was a baby kitten. 

Elijah plops me into the seat beside where his is sitting and right across from Miles who keeps looking at me as Finn and Kaden chat with him. 

I flash him a smile which he returns and then we all start eating. Silas and Luna are not here as they had a dinner to go to. So it was only us siblings and Miles. "So you wanna go on the PS5 try and beat Kaden's on COD?" Finn asks Miles as he scoops more pasta into his mouth. 

"Yeah sure, you coming too?" Miles looks over at me but I shake my head. "I've gotta go do some homework." I say softly. "Oh. Have you done that essay for Italian yet? I have only started it. If you want we can do it together?" Thinking about it I nod my head and smile. "Thanks." 

I continue to eat and but into their conversations once every now and again. By the time I'm finished eating everyone has been done for a while waiting for me since I'm the slowest. "Let me go grab my bag and I'll find you." Nodding as Miles runs off I go to the kitchen and get a bottle of water and a bag of chips I plan on devouring later.

When I reach my room I find Kaden, Finn, Gabriel and Miles all in there. The room is big enough to fit us all comfortably but I raise an eyebrow. All three of my brothers look at me with innocent expressions which I choose to ignore. 

Kaden turns on my TV. He and Finn settle in doing their own homework. Gabe on the other hand is typing away on him laptop. I sit myself on the carpeted floor next to Miles and we start to work on our essays.

A little while through Kaden gets a notification on his phone and smiles. "Athena." Getting my attention I stop writing ad look over at him. "How do you feel about partaking in a little race tonight?" 

A wicked smile graces my lips and I jump up. "Yess!!" I squeal and jump. Everyone looks at me in a bit of shock since I've been very quiet all day. "I'll tell my guy to put us both in then." The laughs and shakes his head. 

"Wait. You're racing? Is that really safe? Should you really be doing that?" I look over at Miles who is wearing a very serious expression. I frown but ultimately ignore his words. "She is good man. Just wait and see." 

Miles doesn't stop frowning but nods at Finn in acknowledgment. Getting back to work since we wouldn't be leaving for a while I start to write the end of my essay. Feeling a pair of eyes on me I look over. 

Miles is has abandoned all work and I just staring at me. "What?" I say softly to him. "Nothing." He shakes his head and picks up a notebook. 

~~~

Miles' Pov:

Is it wrong that I want her to be safe? 

Racing isn't safe. And from what I've seen she get's hurt a lot. Her leg is all bruised, hand cut and not to mention the cast of her other freaking hand. 

I knew Athena when we were small. We were inspirable. I always thought I would marry her one day. And then she was taken. Even as a child I knew there was a piece of me missing. She wasn't there.

Then today when I saw her in that classroom I was drawn to her even before I knew who she was. Imagine my shock when I learned my missing princess was back. I'm not sure what she has been through and the fact she is quiet when I used to be the loudest one around bothers me.

But one thing is certain. 

She is mine.

My heart will always belong to Athena Genova D'Angelo.