4

Athena's POV:

"Okay, everything seems to be in order here. Luna here is going to keep you company for a little bit. I'm just going to step out and make sure the x-ray machine is all ready for you." The man Gio tells me stepping outside the room with the other man Silas. I give them a small awkward smile with a nod, and just like that they left.

I'm not going to lie this whole day has been bad.

"So, honey you work at the restaurant full time?" The women Luna asks as she take a seat beside the bed on one if those swivel chairs all doctors have.

"As much as I can, yeah. I need the money, my ass of a landlord increased the rent a few months ago and I've got a couple medical bills that need paying." I tell her honestly.

I barely stay afloat with the money from the restaurant and then the money I get from my...not so legal activities, as well as paying back the debts...I genuinely don't know how I'm not living in a cardboard box on the side of the road.

Luna gave me a sad look, one mixed with something I can't quite put my finger on.

"Oh, I'm sorry dear, are you living near the restaurant? I assume you don't have a car since you came here with us?" She asks.

"Oh, actually I do have a car, it's a really nice one too. It was a gift from a friend of mine, it's just at the mechanic at the moment." I mean its technically not a lie, if a will counts as a gift.

"Oh, that's good, no one should be walking anywhere in this cold weather." I can tell by her Prada dress and Vivienne Westwood pearl earrings and bag she probably has never wanted for anything in her life. I doubt she has ever had to walk anywhere.

"The cold is not too bad once you get used to it." I tell her, maybe there was a snippet of attitude in there, jealousy or envy toward her. I mean how can one not when I can't even afford to have heat in my shitty apartment or running water half the time.

I see her raise an eyebrow to my tone, and then remains silent for the next few minutes until the men both come back.

And just like that I'm on the way to get these x-rays.

Sometime later:

"Good news, your wrist isn't broken but there is a fracture and some severe bruising. I'm going to put you in a brace that you're going to have to wear for the next 6-12 weeks to ensure you heal properly." Gio tells me as he walks back into the room that Luna, Silas and I are in.

For whatever reason those two won't leave me alone at least one of them are near me a once.

Kinda weird.

"Great so I can go home no- Ring Ring Ring

My phone rings. I give them all an apologetic look and fish it out of my pocket.

"Fuck." I murmur to myself, but they all seem to hear as they all look at me.

"Hey Atlas....year I can work tomorrow.... I'm fine, just a small fracture.... Okay....goodbye asshole....no its fine I don't want to inconvenience you I'll crash at mine tonight...bye."

Atlas is one of my very few friends whom I was supposed to help out tonight at his club but, due to unforeseen circumstances on my end that didn't happen.

I look back up to the men and women in the room to see Luna smirking at me to the two men looking pissed.

Oh God what could I have possibly done now?!

"Who was that on the phone dear?" Luna asks me still with a smirk on her face.

Wow she is very nosey.

"My friend Atlas, I was supposed to bartend for him at his club tonight. But obviously I couldn't he was just checking in, making sure I was okay and seeing if I could help him out tomorrow." I explain to them, and all their eyes widen a bit when I mention me bartending.

"Bartending? You're very young to be doing that. No?" The man Silas asks me with a bit of anger in his voice.

"I mean yeah, technically. But I make a mean cocktail and I like doing the tips are great since its mostly rich folk and mafia type that go there." I explain and they all stiffen at something I said, but oh well.

"Umm anyway, am I free to go home now?" I ask as I hop off the bed so I'm now standing.

"Oh, uh, yes you can leave, I've already bandaged your wrist up and tomorrow I need you to come back so I can put the brace on you." Gio tells me in his doctor voice.

"Okay that's fine." I tell him with a smile.

"Okay come principessa, we'll drop you to your home." Silas say to me as I agree since I have no idea how to get home from here.

When we reach the car he opens the door for me again and even helps me put the seatbelt on since my hand is fuck up. I give him a quiet 'thank you' he smiles in response as he shuts the door.

Gio stayed behind to finish up some paper work so Luna sat in the passenger seat, meaning I was  in the back alone.

I gave them  my address and then we were off. The car ride was mostly quiet, with the soft music playing in the background. I don't live in the best area since I can't afford that, it's only a couple blocks over from the restaurant.

I can see the worry on both of Luna and Silas' faces as they look around the area. Soon enough Silas pulls into the apartment car park, stopping the car.

"Umm I-I just wanted to say thanks, you know for everything. I really appreciate it." I tell them both. It doesn't matter how you are raised, manners are something everyone should have.

"There is no need to thank us angel. Just keep yourself safe and don't forget to go back to the clinic tomorrow for your brace." Luna tells me with a sad smile like she doesn't want me to go.

"O-Okay then. Goodnight." This is the last thing I say to them as I exit the car and head into my apartment.

I live alone ever since my foster parents died. They were horrible people who owed a lot of money to people and once they died, that debt was transferred onto me. They have been dead since just before I turned 16. Since then I have struggled.

I  take a cold shower since the heating is out again and get into bed. It's not much but I do my best. I can't help but think about those people. Where have I seen them before? Maybe some movie or something? or they own some big business, or they are in the mafia...no probably not the last one.

Soon sleep overtakes me as I try to keep warm.