23

Athena's Pov:

"Ugh."

Tap.

"Hmm?"

Tap. Tap.

Omg who keeps poking me?!

My eyes flutter open confused when I don't see anyone only to be poked again. I jump and turn my head in the other direction. A pale, scared Gabriel comes into view making me alert. "Hey, what happened? What's wrong?" 

Pushing myself up I kneel on the bed, it's only then do I notice the tears. "Oh ok, come here." I hold my arms out and beckon him to me. Without hesitation he immediately hops onto the bed and into my waiting arms. 

I hold Gabriel as he sobs quietly in my arms. "Shh, it's okay. I'm here with you." I sooth him the best I can since I'm not sure what is going on. A couple minutes pass until he starts to settle down and relax into me.

"Can you tell me what's going on?" I brush the hair out of his eyes but the deep pain and sorrow that is see when I do makes a pain in my heart form. As his lips tremble he forces himself to talk. "After you were taken..."

His breathing comes out a little jagged but he takes as deep a breath as he can and continues. "S-someone took me too." What? No. 

"Gabe..." A sob breaks from him again. "Bad things happened Thena, real bad things t-that I can tell you. I won't tell you. But those things they haunt my dreams. They haunt me everyday, all the time." His arms wrap around me, pulling me into his chest. 

"Bad things happened to me to." I say. leaving my words hanging in the air. Gabriel tenses. "I remember bits, mostly in my nightmares from before I was put into foster care. I try not to think of those times but sometimes I can't help but let the hurt in." 

A hand strokes my hair and then my back. "I-I-'m sorry for waking you. I-I I just didn't want to be alone. I know you have to go to the school later for your placement exams." He mumbles into my hair as I snuggle into his chest.

"You welcome in here anytime Gabe. You don't have to apologise. I trust you and I hope you can trust me to be there for you also." The covers are pulled up and over us as my eyes flutter closed. I feel a kiss on my forehead before I fall back asleep. 

"You're my family sorella, I trust you with my life."

~~~~~~

The hair is brushed out of my face making me groan and roll over only to snuggle up into a hard chest. Hand wrap around me as someone snuggles into me.

 Uhhh.....

Peaking an eye open and see Luna sitting on the side of the bed. "Good morning my love." A gentle smile graces her lips. "Morning." I look that the clock on the wall 9:00am. Fuck.

"I don't wanna get up." I mumble closing my eyes again. Laughs come from around the room starling me which then wakes Gabriel up also with a jolt. "Shit, sorry." Finn, Elijah and Marcus are standing in the room. 

"Aww my baby sister and my twin. You look so cute all snuggled up together. I want in on that too!" Finn jumps on the bed cuddling up to us. "Aww yeahhh, can't you just feel the love. Ahhh." Gabe kicks Finn who ends up falling off the bed."

"Heyy I think you broke my ass dude!" Finn whines rubbing his ass as standing. Gabe gives him a smug look as everyone else laughs.

"I hate to break up all the fun but Athena you need to get up if you're going to get to the school before 10:00am for your first exam." Elijah states in a no nonsense tone. I frown.

"First exam?" I think the horror showed on my face I could tell he was supressing a smile. "Yes bambina, there are four exam in total." Oh for fuck sake.

Getting out of bed I get changed since I showered last night I don't need to now. I decide to wear some comfy clothes today meaning sweats and a baggy t-shirt. 

"There's my little one." D-Silas scoops my up like I'm five years old kissing the top of my head before setting me down again. "Morning." I give him a smile as he leads me over to the kitchen island. 

In wrapped plastic is a breakfast wrap. Eggs, bacon and sausage all in a wrap. Yum. I smile at Silas in thanks as I take it and a bottle of water as Luna ushers me out of the house and into the car with everyone yelling 'Good luck' as we leave.

The ride is quiet as I eat my breakfast. Every so often Luna looks over at me from the drivers seat. We get to the school with twenty minutes to spare. There are a few cars in the parking lot but not that many so Luna parks right up near the entrance. 

"Okay. I don't want you to worry. Whatever happens, happens. Do your very best that's all anyone can ask of you. I love you baby girl. Now, let's get you in there." This school you can tell by just looking at the building is private, made for the old money type.

We enter the main door where there is a woman waiting. When she see us walk in she heads our way with a smile on her face. "Mrs. DeLuca lovely to see you. I trust you had a good break?" Luna enquires as she embraces the women, Mrs. DeLuca.

"I did indeed. I've heard you and Mr. D'Angelo also have a very eventful break." She smiles wide and looks over to me. Me on the other hand stand there awkwardly. "Hello you lady. My name is Bianca DeLuca and I'm the principle of Lincoln Mercy preparatory high school. 

Well that's a mouthful.

I give her a polite smile and then turn my attention to my hands. "Athena's not much of a talker sometimes." Luna gives the principle a look saying to get on with tings. 

"Okay well, how about you follow me back to the testing room Athena. We have one of our teachers there ready to go. The exam process won't take more than four hours. Your mother will be back to get you then." 

Luna give me a hug whispering in my ear. "You've got this." She kisses me on the forehead before straightening up. She watches as I walk away and then I'm out of her sight. Taking a long breath I focus on the now. 

Let's do this.