Chapter Six

Mila

I woke up to the sound of the door clicking shut, and it took me a minute to sit up to see what time it was. I checked the clock to see that it was a little past seven in the morning.

I rubbed my eyes and turned just in time to see Damien walk inside shirtless and drenched in sweat with a towel around his neck. My throat felt parched as I stared at him acquiescently.

His chest was broad, hard, his arms veiny, and his biceps bulging. He had a patch of curly hair between his pectorals, and that hairy line trailed down, down, until it reached the band of his basketball shorts. Damien was fit.

That was a given. I mean, it was visible beneath his suit, but I've never, ever seen him shirtless before. I wanted to memorize every inch and plane of his body because I knew I'd never get the chance to again.

His face was stiff as he weirdly allowed me to stare at him. I love that he kept his beard stubbly because it was hot watching him rub his chin when he thought about something.

Cobalt blue eyes pierced through my goddamn body and soul, and he licked his lips before taking out his earphones.

"Did I wake you?" He asked.

I was stuck between not knowing how to speak and being terrified of opening my mouth and moaning, so I chose to shake my head no.

"I'm going to shower, and then we can order some room service and go over the points of the meeting. Sound good?"

I gave him a nod, and he left his phone and earphones on the dresser before heading into the bathroom. I wonder if he felt something right now. Did he enjoy me staring?

Did he get hard thinking about me staring at him? Or was I just too hopeless and pathetic? It was probably the latter option.

I pulled out my phone and scanned my social media and notifications while waiting for Damien to finish showering.

'How's Daddy CEO doing?' I read Elijah's text.

Rolling my eyes, I texted back. 'The hotel effed up our reservation. Ended up sharing one room.'

E: 'You're kidding. This is a sign, babes.'

M: 'I must be blind, smh, 'cause I don't see a single sign.'

E: 'You know the saying, when in Rome ....'

M: 'Do as the Romans do?'

E: 'Is that the saying? I thought it was like whatever happens in Rome, stays in Rome.'

M: 'You're an idiot.'

I listened closely and heard that the shower tap had turned off. He was probably getting dressed, so I decided to get off the bed and grab my outfit for today since my makeup and skincare bag were already in the bathroom.

I grabbed a creamy beige blouse and a fitting black skirt and grabbed a brush and my blow-dryer. A moment later, looking fresh and handsome, Damien stepped out in one of his many expensive suits.

"If you'd like some privacy while getting ready, let me know, and I'll leave the room." He recommended.

"No, that won't be necessary. I'm going to take a quick shower and get dressed."

"I'm going to order some breakfast. Oatmeal with berries and an iced coffee, right?"

"Yes, right."

I shouldn't be happy that he knew what I liked, but I was. He only memorized my order because of how many times we've ordered room service over the five years we've worked together.