Chapter Eighteen

Mila

The first day back as a couple wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Damien kept ringing me into his office to steal a few kisses or to hold me in his arms, but other than that, it went by smoothly.

We did go out for lunch together to a secluded fancy restaurant. The menu was in a different language, so Damien ordered for me and even paired it with a nice cup of wine.

He fed me some of his meal, and I fed him some of mine. It felt easy transitioning into these more intimate roles. It felt natural talking with Damien, laughing with him, and listening to him as if it was our routine to have lunch together.

There wasn't a cloud of awkwardness, and I didn't feel nervous. Damien made me feel at ease, his hand always finding a way to touch me and bring me down to earth.

I told him Elijah had left me a million messages and voicemails wondering why I didn't come home last night and that I'd tell him everything tonight.

Damien offered to come with me so that we could tell him together and that he could apologize. It was a great idea because Elijah was important to me, and I wanted them to meet and get to know each other.

After lunch, a few board meetings, some conference calls, and a lot of paperwork, we called it a day. We took the elevator down to the parking lot, and Damien helped me before going around.

"Should I buy something? Like wine or beer?"

"No, Elijah and I take turns to buy, and it's his turn this time."

"Are you sure?" He pushed, and I reached over to grab his hand.

I kissed the top of it before settling it on my lap. "Yes, Damien, I'm sure."

I told Damien where I lived, and he put it in the GPS, and then the rest of the drive to my place was silent. I closed my eyes and let my head fall back as I hummed along to the song playing on the radio.

Once we got to the complex, I called Elijah, and he buzzed us in. He parked the car on the curb, and I saw him run to my side so he could open my car door for me, like a gentleman.

I held his hand as I walked him toward our apartment door. I dropped Damien's hand to look through my purse for my keys, only for Elijah to swing the door open rapidly.

"Jesus. You scared me." I gasped, placing my hand over my heart.

"I got too excited, sorry." He apologized, opening the door the rest of the way so we could walk in.

I kicked off my heels and purse while Elijah stared at Damien, still standing in the doorway.

"I apologize for how I spoke to you yesterday. I was a little jealous when I saw you with Mila."

Elijah's brows perked up, and he smirked widely as he dismissed it all with a slight wave of his hand.

"I knew you liked her. Didn't I tell you he was jealous because he liked you?"

"Yes, you did. Now shut up and grab us some beer. I'm going to go and change." I told them before heading to my room.

I switched out of my work clothes and put on a pair of matching light pink striped pajama pants and a shirt. I brushed my hair and then braided it before wiping my face with a makeup wipe.

I walked out to see them sitting on the couch in the living room, a beer in each hand. I grabbed a beer and sat down next to Damien, who quickly put his arm around me and pulled me even closer to him.

"Are you spending the night here with me?" I whispered.

"Do you want me to?" He whispered back.

"Yes...Daddy. I do." I murmured and felt his hand tighten around me.