Bonus Chapter 3

Mila

Axel took his sweet time, but he was finally cuddled up in his bed with his favorite teddy bear. I kissed his forehead again and ensured he was covered well before leaving the room. I had the baby monitor secured in my hand, and I tip-toed down the hall and to our bedroom.

It was empty, which meant Damien was in his study working. With his hotels expanding all over Europe, Damien's been overwhelmed with work. I wasn't his secretary anymore, so I couldn't help work-wise, but he assured me the two new guys he brought to work for him were doing a great job.

After opening in Greece, Damien branched out to Paris, and after breaking down in Paris last week, he was already working on construction and has been doing video conference calls in the middle of the night. It was stressful, and all I could do to help ease the stress was, be there for him. So I was. In every way, I knew how to.

I made his favorite meals, calmed him down when he got overwhelmed, and baked his favorite sweets, and always was there for him to lean on. If he wanted to vent, I'd listen. If he were mad, I'd listen to his rant before aiding him to see an entirely different perspective.

Damien's smart and work ethic was indescribable, but this man really had no patience. We had a late dinner, and Damien insisted that we wait an hour for him to come home, which I didn't mind. We had dinner together, and Damien spent some time with Axel before taking a shower and heading to his office.

I washed up and changed out of my stained clothes and into something cleaner and more comfortable. Silk shorts with a matching tank top, and then I grabbed a robe. After tying the sash around my waist, I brushed my hair out of its bun before clasping it with a hair clip. I headed out of the room and went toward his study.

The door was closed, so I knocked twice and then walked inside. Damien put his hand up when he saw me, and I leaned against the door while he finished up his phone call. My husband's handsome; that was a very known fact, but there was something about Damien wearing glasses and working.

It added this ambiance, and it was undeniably sexy. He was in a tight black tee shirt, and while he tended to the phone call, my eyes ran over his arms and biceps. I could never quite get over the fact that he's mine. This man was my boss, and now he's my husband.

We truly had so much love for each other. We have a son together. It was insane, something I couldn't quite put into words. He ran his fingers through his hair and let out a loud puff of air before slamming his phone down.

For the past few months, all we've had time for were quickies or a fast handjob to get the job done, but I truly missed the intimacy we shared. He comes home from work exhausted, and I'm drained from pumping, cleaning, cooking and caring for Axel all day. We sometimes just crash next to each other or make up for it the next morning in the shower.

"You okay, Daddy?"

He rubbed his face and nodded his head. "Come here, Mila."

I closed the distance between us and walked over to him. He pulled his chair back, and I climbed into his lap.

"Want me to run you a bath?"

"Do you think it's brazen of me to want to open a branch in Paris?"

"No, I think it's ambitious, not brazen."

He sighed. "Isn't that the same thing?"

I shook my head. "No, of course not. Your hotels are well-known whether or not you expanded to Europe. People speak so highly of Ace Hotels because you put your heart, soul, and sweat into every single one you open. You're hands-on with every single one you open. You don't just command it to happen and sit back." I explained.