Chapter Twenty-Four

Damien

The media backlash was ridiculous. I shut down the entire office building while I dealt with the aftermath of the so-called scandal that had now taken over every single news channel.

I had a whole fleet of paramount lawyers that were each in charge of something. Two were in charge of taking down every single photo, two were in charge of suing every single news outlet that dared to fucking slander my name or Mila's.

I even had a few IT hackers that were working on finding the IP address of the people that were threatening Mila, while the rest were working on restoring my good name and image.

I didn't care for much in this world and as hard as I worked to build Ace Hotels, Mila was more important to me. She was everything in this world to me. This whole fucking scandal was ridiculous and blew out of proportion.

While some news outlets were victimizing Mila, others were bashing her and calling her a gold-digger. They'd all be dealt with.

I was taking it one day at a time and one problem at a time, but fuck, I hated it. I hated dealing with all of this shit.

I needed Mila. I missed her with every breath and with every thought and I needed her close, with me. With everything that was happening around me, it was overwhelming, stressful, and chaotic, and I craved to be with Mila back in our bed together holding each other.

I promised myself I wouldn't push Elijah or dig deeper to find her until I cleared everything here. I was close and by the end of today, it'd all be done and cleared, and I'd bring her home.

I'd bring her home and I'd remind her who she belonged to, and why it was a bad idea to run away from Daddy and not tell him about the threatening emails.

Two weeks passed by and every single photo of Mila and me was taken down and every news outlet that even had our names on the screen was hit with the fattest lawsuit that would take them years to get out of, and my hackers finally found the IP address.

I handed it over to a friend that works in the force, and I was waiting impatiently back in the police station as they went to bring them in.

Our names were cleared, and every media blog and outlet issued an apology to me and Mila. It took two weeks too fucking long and I was left agitated and exasperated.

I wanted this done. I wanted it all to be over with. I wanted to toss whoever it was behind bars, make sure they never get out of it, and then go find my baby girl and bring her back.

Before I could pick a fight with the chief, my friend, Hansel, walked in with another cop who brought in two people in cuffs.

One I knew and the other one I could only guess. Jason and her bitch of a fucking mother. Even though she looked exactly like Mila, she was hideous.

Her hair was choppier than Mila's, her eyes sunken, and she had a smaller face. Staring at her, all I could do was feel bad for Mila.

Her mother must have put her through fucking hell her entire life, and even though I don't believe in violence against women, I wanted to punch her straight in the eye.

Jason was sitting next to her, in cuffs, with a turned lip and narrowed eyes. I should have known it was him.

That fucker was arrogant, and when I took away his pride, he must have lost his fucking mind. Hansel set them down, and I stood up about to head over there when he put his hand up.

"Ace." He warned.

I was huffing and cursing like some madman. I wanted to hit them. To bang their heads together. To slam their head against the wall.