Chapter Ten

Mila

"Good morning, Ms. Evans." Damien greeted me once I stepped onto the elevator.

There wasn't anyone else here this early, and I smiled at how husky his voice sounded in the morning.

"Good morning, Mr. Wilson." I stood next to him, and he leaned over to press the button.

I closed my eyes briefly as his cologne hit me. God, he always smelled so fucking good.

"Excited for Christmas?" He asked, bringing me down to Earth.

"I'm not a big holiday person, but I might be spending Christmas with my roommate's family. They insisted."

The elevator's light began flickering, and then they turned off before the entire elevator began to shake aggressively and come to a jolting halt.

I shouted as I lost my footing and bumped my head somewhere, and I could hear Damien cursing. I rubbed my head but couldn't see a single thing.

I scrambled for my purse, and once I found it, I kept searching blindly for my phone. Once I had it in my hand, I turned the flashlight to the highest setting.

"Are you okay?" Damien asked, coming to where I was sitting.

"I bumped my head." I winced, my hand coming up to my forehead.

He pulled out his phone and did what I did and placed it on the floor before taking my flashlight out of my hand. He moved the light over to my hand, and I felt his finger touch the swollen area.

"Shit, you're bleeding. Mila, look at me." He demanded, and I lifted my chin. "Do you feel dizzy or anything?"

My bottom lip trembled. "No, but it hurts."

Damien reached for the phone on the floor and guided himself with his flashlight to where the buttons were. He pressed the emergency call button, but no one answered.

He buzzed a few more times but, growing exasperated, he used his phone to see if he could get a signal.

He dialed a number and pressed the phone to his hand, and even though our flashlights were on, I could barely see him.

"Where the fuck are you?" He cursed. "I'm stuck in the elevator, my secretary is hurt, and I pressed the emergency call button, and no one fucking answered. Find somebody. Fix it. Now. Right fucking now." He shouted and then came back over to me.

He took off his coat and pulled out a handkerchief. He held my chin with one hand while the other gently cleaned my forehead. If I wasn't feeling dizzy earlier, I was sure feeling pretty dizzy now. He was touching me.

Damien was touching me, and I could feel that little touch from the hairs on my head down to my toes. I was glad there wasn't that much light because I was blushing hard and trying hard not to squirm as he cleaned up my forehead.

"Mila, did you get hurt anywhere else?"

Sweltering blue eyes held me captive as he asked me if I was hurt. He cared in a way that made me feel like he liked me more than just his secretary.

"No." It came out like a whisper.

"Good,"

I swear I felt his thumb caress my chin before dropping his hand and creating some distance.

"Don't be scared." He added, but I wasn't scared. How could I be scared when he was with me? "It'll be up and running in no time."

"I'm not scared, but my head still hurts."