Chapter Two.

Odette stood in-front of the drop box outside of the post office and stared at the letter in her hands. She smiled, placed a kiss on the letter and dropped it inside. After she wrote her first letter she decided to message her J and let them know she was sending the first letter. She wanted to include much more than she did, but she didn't want to overwhelm the reader. After she left the post office she decided to take a walk to the local bakery.

   Starks Bakery was the best in New York, they had the best selection of pastries and coffees. The inside was cozy and quaint, you could definitely tell that Tony let Pepper do the designing. They had little book nook's and comfy chairs to sit in, while you indulge in a pastry and a good book. So, needless to say, it was Odettes favorite place in this entire city.

"HEY O! I'll get you the regular and bring it over to the nook!" Peter yelled out as Odette walked towards her usual spot.

"HEY P! Thank you!" Odette responded while laughing at the energetic brunette.

   Peter had been a close friend to Odette since she moved to New York. The first time she came into Starks, Peter immediately bonded with her. He started rambling about his life and she found herself interested in what the young boy was saying. He told her about the band he was in, and how Tony and Pepper took him in after his Aunt May passed. Ever since then, they have had a special bond.

"Hey you! How's it been lately?! Work updates? Anything?!" Peter said as he placed her usual coffee and muffin down, and taking a seat in-front of her.

"Things have been okay, work has been horrible. You'd think that organizing records and albums all day would be easy, but it's not" Odette responded taking a piece from the muffin. "Oh but I do have some news for you, actually... two good things"

"Well you know you can't keep me waiting O! What is it?!" Peter said as he also grabbed a piece of her muffin.

"Okay, one. Clint said that he is going to allow you and the band to perform in the record shop on Saturdays as long as we clean up after! Two,Istartedwritingtosomeonetoday" she said in a rushed statement.

"O! Thank you so much! And wait, you did what?" Peter said turning his head to look at her.

"Oh it's not problem! And I kinda started to write to a pen pal of sorts today..." O said twirling the straw around in the coffee.

"That's amazing! I haven't written a letter to someone since we did pen pals in elementary school!" Peter said back.

"SEE! That's the problem with todays worl-" Peter laughed at her knowing she was about to go on a 20 minute rant about this generation.

"You know sometimes I think you are 100 years old O" Peter said while chuckling.

"Well thank you, I take that as a compliment." Odette said finishing up her muffin.

"It's like 9:30 aren't you supposed to be at work?" Peter said glancing at the clock.

"SHIT! IM LATE! BYE PETER SEE YOU SATURDAY!" Odette said as she ran out of the shop and down to the record store.

  Hawk Records has also helped fulfill her olden days fantasy. Clint offered her the job after he heard her explaining facts about different records and albums to a customer. Clint was excited to have a music nerd on his team, she was a great addition to the Barton team.

"Clint! I'm so sorry I'm late! I lost track of time!" Odette says as she ran through the store straight to the back room.

Clint let out a laugh watching the frantic girl throw her stuff on the floor and rush back to the register. "Odette, you've never been late. I'm not upset about it. Slow down before you hurt yourself"

Odette smiled and grabbed the stack of albums to be put out. She walked around the store placing them in alphabetical order and in their genre categories. She pulled a Springsteen album from the stack and smiled, Springsteen was her favorite of all time.

"You can put it in the player O" Clint said without looking up at her.

O ran to the CD player and put it in the slot, she changed the song until it got to her favorite song I'm on Fire. She hummed along to the opening part as she continued to put albums away. The ring of the doorbell pulled Odettes attention away from the albums, she glanced towards the door to see two men walk in.

"SAM! BUCKY! I haven't seen you guys in ages!" Clint said as he greeted the two men.

Odette smiled and continued putting the albums away. Clint and the two men walked around the shop, but a slight humming caught Odettes attention. The brunette was humming along to the song, it made her smile to herself.

"Clint! Since when do you play Bruce in here?!" The brunette spoke up again.

"That's not me, that's all the old lady over there" Clint said gesturing to Odette.

"Hey! I don't take offense to that and you know it!" Odette says as she made her way to the register.

"You have great taste in music ma'am" The brunette said as he approached the counter with two albums in hand.

"Thank you, thank you. It's nice that someone appreciates the classics!" Odette said as she scanned the albums he handed her. " Billie Joel and Marvin Gaye, quite the combination"

"Yeah, my buddy Sam over there loves Marvin Gaye, so it's a recommendation from him" He said gesturing to the man talking with Clint and handing her some cash

"And Billie Joel? That's all you I'm assuming?" She said as she pushing him the cash back. "No charge, it's on me! For appreciating the classics" she added as she smiled at him.

"Yeah, that's all me... and no way! I came to pay for some good music, so here-"

"Give it a rest Buck, she won't take it." Clint said as he walked up to her.

Odette smiled sweetly as she walked to the back room. Bucky watched as she walked away and smiled to himself, he grabbed a pen and a piece of paper writing on it then placing the money on top of it.

"To appreciating the classics, buy that album. You seem to enjoy it -Bucky"

——-Authors Note! Oh my goodness! We had our first interaction between the two! I was so excited to write this one! What do we think about the pair already?! I wanna know all the thoughts and feelings!! Again! Thank you for reading and coming into ...

——-
Authors Note!
Oh my goodness! We had our first interaction between the two! I was so excited to write this one! What do we think about the pair already?! I wanna know all the thoughts and feelings!!
Again! Thank you for reading and coming into Odette and James' world!

-Stay Lovely ❤️