Chapter Nineteen

Warning: Mentions of Death

     Warning: Mentions of Death. So, grab the tissues people. This is my longest chapter yet, very emotional.
Enjoy 🤍

        -Now Play, Uncontrollably by Tom Rosenthal-

                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~

It's insane how fast your life can change
5 seconds
5 minutes
5 days
5 weeks...

5 weeks since Odette returned back to New York with Bucky.

5 days they have been out on dates together.

5 minutes since Odette received the phone call that would change her life entirely.

5 seconds, was how fast she and Bucky packed their bags to head down to Florida.

"O, are you okay...?" Bucky whispered as he stared into the passenger seat as they headed to the airport.

Odette sat quietly in the passenger seat in shock. 5 minutes ago, she received a call from a local hospital to inform her that Scar, her previous roommate had been in a serious car crash. The woman relayed that Scar... may not make it.

"I'm just... I don't...Sorry"

5 words... all she was able to mutter out before breaking down.

Bucky reached over and grabbed her hand, squeezing it lightly giving her a sense of reassurance. He felt his heart completely shatter for her, knowing that she was hurting and couldn't do anything about it. They road in silence all the way to the airport, Bucky had already bought two tickets to Florida before they left the house, to make it easier with check-in.

"I'll get the bags, you just wait for me." Bucky whispered as he pulled the car in-front of the Valet booth. Odette didn't utter a word, just a slight nod of agreement before stepping outside of the car. Bucky quickly threw his keys at the man beside the car and tossed cash towards him. He ran to the back and grabbed the bags before joining her at the front.

"Come on Doll, let me hold you" He said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. She silently sunk into his side as they walked into the building. The rest of the airport process was a blur of people, beeping machines, metal detectors, and gates. Odette was floating on autopilot and Bucky knew it based on her lack of response when their flight had been called.

"Come on pretty girl... let's go..." he cooed as he grabbed her hands in his. Odette looked into his eyes, seeing nothing but concern behind them. She gave him a light smile before standing and walking behind him.

But before she knew it, she was zoned out again. Her mind racing on everything that had happened in just... 5 minutes.

"Odette, honey..." Bucky said causing her to snap her thoughts and line of vision to the piercing blue eyes staring at her.