Chapter Twenty-Two

Surprise

Surprise... you guys get two chapters today 🫣💗

- Now Playing, Silhouette By Aquillo -

~~~~

"Steve, she's beautiful!" Odette gasped as she held their brand new babygirl close to her chest.

Sharon had given birth to Marie Carter Rogers the afternoon the night she stayed with Avery. She was so beautiful, blonde hair and pale blue eyes. She was identical to her mother and father. She had the tiniest hands and feet, Odette could do nothing but stare at her.

"Bucky, I want one..." she whispered softly to him.

It had now been three weeks since the accident, Bucky was still not showing signs of awakening any time soon. Because Odette refused to leave his side, Steve brought Sharon and the baby to see her in Bucky's hospital room.

"She's beautiful just like her momma. Thank god." Steve chuckled as he glanced over to Odette who now had tears in her eyes.

Hearing how Steve fawned over Sharon and the new baby made her more upset that it probably should have. She was trying to be happy for the two, so she shook her tears off, "I'm sorry. She's just so beautiful, my heart can't stand it." She whispered as she looked over to them.

Sharon smiled softly, but deep down she knew this was killing Odette. "You know why she has her name right?" Sharon asked causing O to look over at her, head tilted in confusion.

"Marie, it's your middle name correct? Atleast I hope so or we have to get her birth certificate changed." Steve chuckled.

Odette paused, confused, stunned, whatever the term was for utterly shocked. That was Odette at this very moment.

"You named her... after me... why? What did I do to deserve that...?" She whispered as she full on cried by this point.

Steve walked over to her and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her into his embrace. "Because Odette, you saved my best-friends life. You brought him back to us, you are so important to me and Sharon. We pray that she is half as strong as her aunt is one day."

She glanced up at Steve, then over to Sharon. She held her gaze for a moment before she looked down to the baby in her arms and sobbed.

"I don't know what to say..." she muttered through gasps and tears.

"Nothing. Just enjoy this moment, you need some happiness right now. We will talk all the heavy stuff later."

And that's just what Odette did. She spent over an hour admiring Marie, pointing out all of her features to Steve and Sharon. They talked about the birth it was relatively quick, apparently by the time they reached the hospital her head was already out. Steve said he was surprised she wasn't born in the car, but within 5 minutes she was here.