Epilogue.

(I was gonna wait

(I was gonna wait... but I simply can't... so here goes the finale... or is it?)

~~~~

-10 Years Later-
Christmas Day.

"MOM! SAMMY WON'T GET OUT!" Cora shouted as she slammed the bedroom door.

Odette groaned as she made her way to the bottom of the steps. She stared up them to see Sammy staring at her.

"Samuel Grant Barnes! Come here and leave your sisters alone to get dressed!" She said sternly as Avery walked out of his room. He shook his head as he lifted Sammy into his arms and hauled him downstairs.

"Thank you Av. You look very handsome for just Christmas dinner" Odette said as she sniffed around him. She cut him a side eye, "Are you wear after shave?"

Avery shook his head, "Mom. Come on. I'm sixteen now, I wear aftershave and want to look nice for dinner." He said before taking a piece of ham off the plate and jamming it into his mouth.

Bucky rounded the corner as he eyed Avery with suspicion. He smirked as he ruffled Sammy's sandy blonde hair and kissed Odette's cheek.

"Dad. Stop doing that to my hair! Now Av has to help me fix it!!" Sammy exclaimed as he stomped up the stairs.

"SAMMY YOU'RE NINE! YOU FIX IT!" Avery shouted as he followed him up the stairs.

Bucky chuckled before Odette snapped her head in his direction. "Why is Avery dressed so nice and wearing cologne and aftershave?!" She whispered harshly.

"Because honey. His pretty friend is coming to dinner." Bucky replied before also taking a piece of ham. "Delicious as always honey. I'm gonna go set the tables. CORA! SAGE! COME HELP!" Bucky yelled as the girls groaned before walking down the stairs.

"Coming dad!" They groaned as they smiled at their mother. Odette hugged them and kissed their heads quickly before sending them on their way into the dining room with Bucky.

She glanced around the house and smiled. 11 years of memories made in this house, 4 kids, 2 animals and a whole lot of love lined these walls. Not long after the girls were born, Samuel Grant Barnes was conceived. He was the final addition to the Barnes household and he brought everything full circle.

Bucky finally retired and committed his time to his family. Odette published the book that was given to her the night of their engagement and it took off. Everyone loved the story and wanted more, which is how Odette spent most of her time when she wasn't going to games, recitals or school programs. She spent everyday the same way, and she wouldn't change it for anything in the world. She got to watch her kids grow into the amazing people they are now.

Avery was now 16. He was a straight A student with a knack for writing. He was a family boy, who loved his siblings and his parents more than anything. He was funny and smart, charming and handsome. He wasn't Bucky's birth child but looking at the two of them together, you would swear that he was.