Chapter Four.

"Marie come on, I know you are anxious for the letter to come, but you know those things take time!" Nat said as they walked down the apartment steps together.

"I know, I know. But this is just so exciting" Odette said as she opened the main lobby door for them to walk out into the busy streets of New York.

"Okay aside from the letter, you never told me about the man from the record shop!" Nat said pushing her friend lightly.

Odette had lightly mentioned the nice looking stranger that so generously left her money to buy the Springsteen album. But she hadn't gone into detail of how handsome he actually was, she didn't mention how tall he was or how he had his medium length hair pulled back into a bun. She didn't mention that his eyes were so blue that she felt like she was lost at sea just by glancing at them. She also didn't mention the fact that he had the sweetest smile, that she had ever seen in her life. She didn't mention anything to extreme detail, but goodness could she go on and on forever about that man. Which in her mind sounded absolutely crazy to her, considering she almost swore off men for good. She would never really admit what she thought of him outloud, but she could imagine him in the back of her mind all day, and it would never bother her, not once.

"There is not much to say, he was nice and a fairly decent looking man. Who just so happened to notice my intrest in Bruce Springsteen and left me money to but the album. There is nothing else to say on the matter." Odette said curtly as they walked into Starks' Bakery.

Nat smiled as she opened the door for them, she knew her friend wasn't telling all of the details but she would get them sooner or later. As Odette entered the shop she looked around to see her nook open. She smiled at Nat before making her way over to it, Nat called her name to see what she wanted, she requested her usual before turning around. She started to walk forwards again until she was met with a chest, she had walked into someone due to not paying any attention to where she was going (per usual). She quickly backed up and shook her head as she felt the heat rushing to her cheeks.

"I am so so- wait, Bucky? Funny to keep running into you, literally." Odette said as she smiled up at the familiar face.

"Uh yeah, we seem to keep doing that! Its good to see you again" Bucky said as he extended his hand out to her.

Odette extended her arm out to him and shook his hand. "Its nice to see you as well, I hope you have a good day"

Bucky let out a chuckle and smiled "Thank you pretty girl, I hope you do as well."

Odette felt her stomach flip at the nickname he used for her. She felt the blush creep up on her neck and cheeks, she couldnt say anything back to him. Thankfully Nat walked up to the pair, "Hey, Peter said he was coming to sit with us, are you okay?" she said looking between the two.

"Yeah.. fine, Uh... Bucky, I'll see you later" Odette said rushing around him with her head down. James turned to watch her shuffle away with a smile on his face.

She plopped down in the corner of the nook and slammed her head down on the table.

"Odette? Are you okay?" Peters voice sounded beside her.

"Great Pete, Thank you" she mumbled back with her head still down.

"She embarrased herself infront of Bucky" Nat said as she sat infront of the pair.

"Nat, please don't." Odette said lifting her head off of the table to stare at her friend.

Nat waved her hands in defeat, while smirking at her. Odette rolled her eyes and scanned the room to see if he had left. When she spotted him, he was sitting with another man and a woman. But for some reason, he was staring at her too, she smiled and looked back to Natasha who was stuffing her face with a danish. "Thats him." Odette said quietly.