New Normal (36)

Song of the Chapter- Lover by Taylor Swift

Alacris Valencia

Three days had already passed. It was now the fourth day and kind of the last where I would be playing a part. I have been downloading their suppliers, contractors, rates, funds, new projects list; basically anything that I could get my hands on. So far I had gotten into the unprotected and weakly protected folders scattered around in different departments.

Others were busy finding the weak links in the downloaded projects to overtake them or make them fall through. Gabe was working with Chico along with a few others while Mr. Cadman and Cortez had paired together.

I couldn't help but steal a glance at him. He was wearing a black suit with a white shirt, his face set in a thin line as he talked to someone on the phone.

We have both been very busy since that day barely sleeping for 2-3 hours per day in the pack house only not even managing to drag ourselves home. The thoughts of all that transpired between us sent shivers dancing down my spine. He had returned the favor many times after I sucked him until I passed out. That wasn't what I had in mind when I started seducing him. As if he could hear my thoughts, his gaze suddenly snapped to mine, darkening instantly.

How could someone's eyes be this mesmerizing?

Not the time, Alacris. You have to think of a better revenge plan. He can't just have you writhing around, moaning, and having earth-shattering orgasms in bed and on his desk.

"Uhhh, why not?" The voice in my head had me jumping out of my chair. Wait, I have always had a mischievous devilish side but never had it sounded so fucking real.

"Of all types of crazy, I got the worst kind here," the voice sassed. I could feel the roll of eyes inside my head.

I was too occupied with having an actual real freaking voice in my head or hallucinating one to even care about what it was saying.

"Hello, you werewolves! Do you all have a voice in your head or have I unlocked something new here?" I shouted in a low voice.

"It's your wolf," Chico said as if it was an obvious thing and anyone should be able to reach that conclusion on their own.

I narrowed my eyes at him about to deliver a comeback when the voice in my head interrupted, "You do realize that instead of all this, we could be having sex with him right now."

Ignoring her way too direct mannerisms, I directed my attention to the pack sitting around the conference table, "Is there an actual manual or something about this stuff because honestly, you guys suck at informing me about the dynamics of this supernatural fiasco?"

"Your wolf will guide you now so you shouldn't be facing any more problems," Cortez offered with a weak smile.

I pondered over that wanting some actual input from my wolf to prove herself but she was too busy daydreaming about a midnight blue wolf and apparently she had had enough of my self-control and settled on taking charge.

I could feel the control slipping away as if I was being pushed into a corner of my own body while something else took over, my eyes burning slightly due to the artificial lights in the room if they could even be called my eyes anymore as I watched my nails turning into claws. What the fuck?

It all calmed down when I felt someone picking me up, sparks erupting on my skin from the touch, and being placed on the lap of my mate before he sat down. I instantly buried my face in his neck, inhaling his deep intoxicating scent though I could feel my canines elongating scraping above his collar bone.