Missiles (20)

Alacris Valencia

As soon as I muttered those words, all the wolves growled loudly at me.

"What the fuck? Did they understand me? Educated wolves? Where the fuck do you get them? Well, not the vicious ones which see me as their next dinner."

The wind had picked up full force by then. It was getting difficult for me to let my eyes remain open.

"I want an educated pet wolf, Dacey," I shouted at her. I don't think it was possible to hear one another in this weather without shouting.

A storm had brewed and suddenly it was raining cats and dogs. We were thoroughly drenched within seconds.

What the fuck was happening? Everything was way too sudden.

Had Jesus finally decided that it was time for me to say goodbye? Was this uproar his way to apologize to me and welcome me to heaven?

Well, he would have to wait. I haven't gone on a date with Chris Evans yet.

Not today, Lucifer. Not today.

I looked around. The wolves were heading slowly towards us as if they had all the time in the world.

Al least, someone was enjoying the hunt.

"Do you remember which way you took to come over here?" Dacey shouted.

"I left the bread crumbs on the way," I shouted back.

She stopped eyeing the wolves and turned towards me,

"Did you honestly think a trail of breadcrumbs would help us find our way out of the forest, Alek?" She gave me an incredulous expression.

The storm was intensifying every second. It was becoming difficult to talk without getting Dry leaves and dust in my mouth.

"Excuse me, Ms. Earlene. I was in the hospital and damn worried about you. So sorry for the lack of resources and not thinking every damn thing through." I countered.

Wolves decided that they had given us enough time to banter in the last moments of our life, so one of them howled loudly and jumped at us.

I shrieked and pulled Dacey backward when the wolf landed at the place where we were just standing and a tree fell on top of him.

The wolf was silent. I didn't know whether he was dead or just unconscious.

Another wolf jumped towards us when the fallen tree lifted by itself and smacked the wolf in his face.

Oh my God! Jesus, himself, had come down to save us.

I turned towards Dacey to tell her my revelation when I saw she was holding her hands upward in the air.