Alacris Valencia (4)

Alacris Valencia

'Bridal jewelry'
'Check'

'Bridal veil'
'Lying on the bed besides jewelry'

'Bridal Garter'
'Ummmmmm, ok they are here, check'

'Family reserved seating signs'
'Placed'

'Aisle chair decor'
'Done'

'Ceremony Aisle Runner'
'Check'

'Unity Candles'
'Check'

'Flower Girl Basket'
'Ready to be handed over to the girl'

'Silk rose petals'
'Check'

'Ring bearer pillow'
'Ready with the rings'

'Wedding Guest book'
'Check'

'Seating chart'
'Gabe is placing it right now'

'Food menu'
'Under the control of Aunt Em'

'Cake'
'It's not here yet, but the baker assured that it will be on time.'

I arranged all the things in place to avoid last moment rush while Dacey checked off all the items in the list. We want every single thing to be perfect. Absolutely perfect. It is going to be the best wedding ever. Every girl's dream wedding.

"Don't you think we are forgetting something important?" Dacey said while looking around the room, searching for the 'forgotten' thing.

"Why would you think so? We have been at it for hours now. Every damn thing is so systematically placed that the director of Action films would have been jealous of us. Not to mention, Director of Romantic films will want to shoot you in the camera while you walk down the aisle in your especially designed oh so expensive and beautiful dress.......... That's it, Dacey, where is your dress?"

She did a full 360° turn at her feet, looking around the room.

When she didn't see it anywhere in our 'perfect' systematic order, she shrieked with panic evident in her voice,
"Where the hell is my wedding dress?"

The search began.

Search party including her and I with my Great Pyrenees, Tucker and his trustable nose.

We looked throughout the room, Dacey's panic increasing with each passing second. We searched the whole house, this time her loud shrieks increasing with each passing second.

"What am I supposed to do now? I don't want to wear my mother's frilly and centuries-old dress. Who in the world loses their wedding dress? Do you think it's a bad omen? Oh my god, what if my marriage gets delayed? What if, Walter meets an accident on the way?" She started crying and sobbing loudly, her nerves already haywire because of wedding jitters.

I was busy imagining Dacey in her mother's wedding dress that is almost historical, passed down from generation to generation.

The corset too tight and designed with what seemed like shoelaces and the skirt puffed up like there are a million balloons stuck under it. Dacey would look hideous. The mental image made me cringe.

Tucker was now barking outside a black color door with 'DANGER' sign drawn on it.

I tugged Dacey's hand, turning her head forcefully towards the door when she ignored me, too busy to wail; and hushed her to remain silent.

I tiptoed towards the danger zone, dragging my hiccuping best friend along with me.

I rubbed Tucker's back, taking out a packed pie from my pocket, unwrapped it and presented it to Tucker as a reward for his extraordinary and brilliant performance. He grabbed it, instantly running off to God knows where.