Senorita (23)

Alacris Valencia

Someone had mind linked Chico so he had to go for an urgent task. He, however, promised me that he will send someone to shift our luggage to respective places. I drove my Lamborghini to the pack hospital with Tucker in the passenger seat.

I made my way to Dacey's room after leaving Tucker outside with the receptionist. I could hear Dacey's yells and Ariel's hysterical cries as soon as I entered the corridor. I rushed over to them to see that Dacey was shouting at a nurse who was trying to get her to calm down. At another bed, Ariel was sobbing hysterically.

"I will take it from here. Sorry about everything. They are just a little overwhelmed." I apologized to the nurse in a hurry.

The poor thing just turned around and gave me a grateful smile before hightailing it out of the room.

As soon as she was gone, I felt a pair of arms wrapped around me.
"Are you okay?" Dacey questioned while leaning back a little and scanning my whole body, checking for any possible injuries.

"I am perfectly alright, Dacey," I replied while making my way over to Ariel.

"Shhhh, it's gonna be alright. Just calm down." I said to Ariel while Dacey rubbed her back.

After a few minutes, Ariel calmed down enough to take the water bottle I was holding out to her.

I could feel Dacey's eyes on me and I knew she wanted answers, desperately. I looked over and nodded at her, signaling that I won't hold anything back.

It was just not the time to discuss anything with them. Ariel was thinking too hard and was on the verge of a panic-attack whereas I could literally feel the tension around Dacey. She wasn't calm enough.

"Let's get out of here," I said, to which they both nodded their head in affirmation.

Soon, all of us drove out of there with Tucker and a whole lot of beers that we picked on the way. I was driving without a particular destination in mind, searching for a place that was relatively peaceful and abandoned.

I, Gabe and Dacey used to do that whenever we wanted to have some time off our daily lives. We would just hang out on the pavement outside shops, or a cliff or an abandoned alley and get drunk.

I finally parked on the roadside near the forest but still not much far away from civilization. Tucker immediately jumped out of the car and started running around trying to venture uncharted territories.

We too climbed out of the car. Ariel sat down on the hood of the car Indian style while Dacey laid down on the soft grass gazing at the forest. I grabbed the beers passing them to my friends and sat down on the ground while leaning against the trunk of the car.

I took a large gulp of the bittersweet liquid and directed my gaze towards Ariel, "What were you doing over there?"

At the sound of my voice, Dacey turned around and looked at her too, waiting for the reply.

Ariel licked her lips nervously and tightened her hold on the bottle while a drop of sweat rolled her forehead. She was still nervous but was coming to terms with the entire ordeal, thankfully.

"I searched for Dacey after finishing my work but she was nowhere to be found. Aarav said that he will drive me to the hospital to see you. He asked me to go see you as he was required somewhere else. He left me in the car as he rushed out of there." She spoke in a low trembling voice, the nerves evident in her tone.

"He forgot his keys in the car. I was about to step out when I saw you speeding down the road on a bike. You looked anxious and in a hurry so I followed you. I finally found you when the wo... wolves were fighting each other." She continued while trailing off at the end.