My Moon (18)

Alacris Valencia

I was driving for the last thirty minutes on a deserted road. There was not a single trace of civilization around but that's Maine for you. The land of wolves!

"Love the way you lie" by Eminem and Rihanna was blaring through the speakers but I was getting bored now. Where the fuck does this Mr. Swift exactly lives?

Can't he live in a normal neighborhood like normal people? No. The guy has to go and reside in the middle of the fucking forest.

Talk about unreasonable anti-social issues. The guy is what you call a lone-wolf!

Finally, after traveling for five more tormenting minutes which felt like days, my GPS finally stated that I have reached my destination.

Thanks to all the deities listening to me!!! I don't think I could have suffered the third-degree torturous ride for another second.

I stepped out of my car and looked around. Where the fuck was I?

I was standing on an abandoned road surrounded by pure wilderness. 

I typed the address in the GPS of my phone and it was another fifty meters away or something.

I was bewildered. "Fuck Mr. Swift. Fuck his goddamn memory. And fuck this file." I declared in exasperation.

I thought of returning to the office building which was inhabited at least a little bit. But the mere thought of sitting in the confines of my car alone for another thirty-five minutes had me nauseous.

I started making my way through the forest while looking around cautiously.
At least, I was wearing boots instead of six-inch heels.

After five minutes, I was standing in front of a small cottage-like house. One would think that Mr. Swift was such a down-to-earth person. After having all this wealth, he resided in a small house in the middle of the forest for peace.

But according to me, the guy was no less than a psychologically challenged individual in dire need of some electric shock therapy.

Who the fuck would live in this place and like that?

The house was a two-storyed one with a single porch light in front which was blinking repetitively. The forest was so dense that little to no sunlight was penetrating through the mass of leaves.

This entire scene reminded of some cheap horror movie.

Was I afraid of the entire ordeal?

Did I tremble in fear?

Did my legs started shaking or a chill passed down my spine?

Yes. A little of everything happened.

Don't get me wrong. I could deal with the homo sapiens anyday. But GHOSTS and vengeful SPIRITS were so not my things!!!

You remember the thirty-five-minute car ride I was talking about earlier?

No?

The one that was adventurous, thrilling and so exciting?

My common senses were telling me to return to the cute yellow Lamborghini that was waiting for me but instead, I stepped forward towards the haunted place.

The entire scene was so damn filmy that I was having trouble believing it's true. The light which was flickering till then suddenly brightened up and cast my shadow so big as if I was the beast without her beauty.

I knocked on the door but it opened on itself. I entered the house which was dimly lit. There was an ancient spiral staircase leading to the first floor and the furniture on the ground floor was covered by white sheets.