Aadolf (2)

Sometimes it takes carving the opportunities denied to us out of immovable stone, patiently chipping away until we have finally built ourselves a different destiny. It takes longer and it's more difficult but do not give up hope, you will get there.- Unknown

Present time. The Year 2019

I toyed with the night lights of my pack house office, first pressing the switch on button on the remote and then shutting them off after few seconds, watching the room flicker between brightness and darkness simultaneously.

I spun my chair in slow steady circles, my head resting on the headrest and my eyes closed so that I can squeeze in 2-3 hours of sleep after working the whole day. I wish I could say that after working 18 hours per day, I succumb to darkness as soon as I hit the bed. But that is a far dream.

One that seems very much unattainable now after all these years of going through the same schedule. I am practically insomniac barely managing to sleep for a maximum of 3 hours on a good day.

But today my brain is refusing to give in even for a few minutes. So, here I am, at 2 am in the morning, lying wide awake in my office chair which more than often serves the purpose of bed too, surrounded by darkness and loneliness I had become accustomed to.

I can hear the raindrops falling against the glass wall which gives a picturesque scene of the whole pack. Cadman Pack. My ma's former pack. My grandfather, Lorenzo Cadman, from my ma's side was looking for me ever since he had heard about his only daughter's death along with her mate and son.

He looked right past Theodore's lies and started searching for me when he found out through his sources that I was kicked out of the pack. He put his best investigators and pack members in place and finally found me 4 years ago. I still remember the day as if it had happened yesterday.

4 years ago

After completing my 3 hours shift in a local automobile repair shop, finishing looking through all my assigned vehicles for the day, I rushed off to college as I realized that my class was going to start in 15 minutes top.

Thanks to my werewolf speed I weaved my way through the heavy traffic with ease. Aside from the pounding headache that was caused by those horn blaring vehicles on the way.

It was my final year of post-graduation, after this, I will have my MBA degree along with specialization in Aeronautical engineering.

Aeronautics is something which always gravitated my attention towards it and MBA is necessary to accomplish my goals, my revenge.

That's the only thought circulating in my head throughout the day, the only one which has forced me to survive so far, for which I have worked my ass off, shedding my blood and sweat, overlooking the difference between day and night or right and wrong.

For which I have faced all the harshness of circumstances and viciousness of life making us, me and my wolf, more vicious than the life itself.

Walking through the corridors, I looked at my surroundings to shake off those thoughts for now. The corridors were vacant and bare except for some occasional 'human bad boys' bunking classes because they were nothing but too confused about what to do with their future.

I opened the door to the lecture hall and started walking down the aisle filled with mostly humans looking for a vacant seat. I placed my books on top of the desk and sat down on the chair beside a girl who was looking at me like I am a five-headed alien with a magician cap on one head shouting 'DUMBLEDORE' after every few seconds.