Chapter 1: Enemies with a Mutual Friend

TW: Minor mention of drugging others and "taking prisoner". I'll have a full stop/period in bold right before the paragraph containing the mention so that you can still enjoy this chapter. Also slight angst, I'll have a full stop/period in bold for that one as well. It's only one paragraph at a time so you only need to skip that paragraph. Thanks for waiting so long for this to come out.

Another boring day at work... Germany thought. Just then, somebody came up beside him, running.

"Morning, Ger!" America smiled.

"Morning. Special occasion?" Germany asked, motioning towards his jet-black ironed suit accented with a gold tie.

"Hm, well let's see. You gonna take a day off work and come downtown with me?" America responded, smirking.

"You know I can't do that, the European Union can't survive without me," Germany responded. America frowned.

"Just this once? Put France in charge for a day or something," America begged.

"Fine. But maybe not France," Germany responded, oblivious to the blatant rudeness the statement contained.

"Wow, ok," America said, surprised he accepted. He immediately started walking the opposite way they were at the start, and Germany followed.

"Downtown is up north?" Germany said with a slightly questioning tone.

"My car is this way, we'll drive there," America answered.

"Gee, I'm really tired though... hopefully your car isn't fa-" He was cut off when America picked him up off his feet, bridal-style.

"Just a cultural difference..." Germany reassured himself, mumbling.

"What was that?" America asked curiously.

"Oh, uhm... Nothing, I- uhm, it's just not very comfortable being carried like this... yeah," Germany struggled to come up with something.

"Ok then," America set Germany back on his feet and crouched down. "Hop on," he said. Germany chuckled.

"That better, prince Germany?" America joked.

"Much better, my humble servant," Germany teased America like this all the time. He was obviously not humble.

For the duration of the walk they'd always get strange looks. Mostly from humans wandering around, but sometimes even from other countries. Most notably Vatican City, but what was he going to do about it, preach the Bible? What really surprised America is that Germany didn't seem to notice, maybe he just didn't care? Although, at one point Germany layed his head down on America's. That was the first time he had smiled so widely since the Battle of Yorktown.

"Ger, we're here," America said. After around 100 yards of walking his arms were getting very tired from holding up Germany's legs. "Ger? You awake?" he didn't want to wake Germany up, but he clearly had to. America jerked his head just enough for Germany to wake up.

"Am I late for work?..." Germany pondered out loud, half awake. "Oh, I remember now. Let me down." America crouched down and Germany slumped off of his back and into the passenger's seat of the car.

"You don't look like you have enough energy to walk all through downtown. If you want we can just go see a movie, although I didn't see anything good on today, otherwise I would have asked you to go to the movies with me instead," America rambled.

"We can watch a movie at your place, if you're ok with that," Germany offered.

"Russia should be waking up by the time we get there, so we should make it quick to get into the house," America mumbled, starting up his black Mercedes. Germany didn't bother to question what he had said, he figured it wasn't for his ears if he wasn't loud enough to be heard.